*Please Help- Need New Liner*

Jul 9, 2006
Hello All.
So I bought myself a new bag in October 2011. I don't know the name of it, but I love it. It's my work bag and I use it during the week. Recently the zipper started to break and the inside liner is getting ruined. It was getting hard to zip so I brought it in to Louis Vuitton at Bloomingdales here in NYC.

I noticed when I bought it that the seam inside of the bag (near the zipper) was very hard and almost poking at the liner. Low and behold, it is now wearing away, and the seam is almost sticking out of the liner. So I brought it in and they are replacing the zipper for about $175 and I am fine with that.

However, they told me that the liner will probably be about $350 and that they will look into whether or not they will do it for free (but most likely not). The liner is like a nude color.

MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL IS THIS- what do you think about me replacing the liner with a different color?

I know that it will not be an original, true LV bag if I get this done because it will not be through LV- they will only replace it with the color liner that it was originally made with.

However, I don't mind. I have no intention of ever selling the bag, and I think it's cool if I customized it. So I would like to know what color you would recommend I do it in, and if anyone knows of a place that could do this craftsmanship?

Please let me know your thoughts and opinion. I really appreciate it

I attached the only picture of the bag that I have- don't mind the baby inside

Attachments

• Louis.jpg
    Louis.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 245
Awwwww, your baby looks so cute in your Retiro....I actually like the color of the lining it came with. I would have LV do it because I know they would do a good job..What color did you want to use for the liner ?

Awwwww, your baby looks so cute in your Retiro....I actually like the color of the lining it came with. I would have LV do it because I know they would do a good job..What color did you want to use for the liner ?

Thank you, he's not mine, he's my nephew.

And thank you for letting me know that name of the bag!

I was thinking red, like the inside of some of the other bags. Do you not like that idea?

Your picture is so adorable :smile:. I didn't know you have the option of choosing the lining I thought they just replace it with the original one? This is interesting I would live to know!

If you really want/need the lining replaced, I'd get it done by LV in the same color. If you change your bag in any way, LV will not do any future repairs you might need, like if you needed a strap replaced, etc. They won't repair an altered bag.