please help-need info about sales tax for gucci bags!!!!!!

ladyblunt

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
dear ladies,

i am from germany and planning a trip to new york city in late march. as i am desperate in love with the gucci indy, i want to get one in the usa as it is a lot cheaper than in europe. but what means sales tax? the bag i am looking for is 2100 USD (price from website), is it with or without taxes? how much are taxes in the usa? and is there a way for tourists to get a tax refund at the custom´s office?

any information would help!!!!!!!

thanks a lot!

Gucci just opened their largest store ever in NYC this week on 5th Ave and 56th street well worth a stop.
above poster is right, sorry we do not have anything like a VAT refund for tourists.
Also Macy's and Bloomingdale's will give you shopping passes with an 11 1/2 discount but it does not include their designer boutiques inside the store

Another tip: if you're a big shopper, try the WOODBURY COMMONS outlets... they have buses from NYC and there are LOTS of great outlets: Dior, Prada, Versace, Dolce and Gabanna, Saks, Gucci... it's awesome... I'll post a link to the website if I can find it... Good luck!