Status
Not open for further replies.

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys!

I need your help/advice asap!!!

Thanks in advance for any help, I am freaking out right now!!

Ok, so I recently purchased a Balenciaga bag from another TPFer. I am leaving her name out of this for now, unless this really ends badly....

This TPFer originally had this bag listed on both Ebay, and Bonanzle, but she took down both auctions because someone had offered her money to sell the bag to her outside of ebay and Bonanzle.

To make a long story short, that deal didn't work out for her, and then I began chatting with her, and we came to a deal, where I would purchase the bag directly from her. (I know, I really should have gone through ebay)....

I paid her right away through paypal, and waited for a tracking number. One week went by.....
Two weeks went by...
This girl had excuse after excuse for why she wasn't mailing out the bag.

Finally, after repeated emails, she got back to me and told me that she finally mailed the bag out to me. I asked her for a tracking number, and she told me that she had given the bag to her boyfriend, and she would have to check with him for the tracking number, since he had mailed it.

Finally, when she gave me the tracking number, and tracked the package.....she realized that SHE SENT THE BAG TO THE WRONG ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My street adress is 3108, and she sent it to 3708!!!!!!!!

All the other information is correct, exept that one error......
My full name and address is on the package, but the street address is wrong......

NOW WHAT DO I DO?????????

FYI, there is no 3708 on my block, no such address exists, but I am not sure if USPS will think to deliver that package to me, if it's not my exact address......

Can I call USPS and explain this to them? The seller said she is going to call Royal Mail tomorrow and see if there is anything she can do to let them know the mistake.

I am freaking out, this was a lot of money, and this whole transaction has been such a hassle.

Please, any advice would really help!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

I would call USPS (your post office branch ) or maybe even go down there with all the paperwork you have and try to track it down. Boy what a bunch of things that went wrong! Please let us know what happens.
Before 45 days goes by, you should file with PP. Even though you may not be covered because it was not done on ebay, it's worth a try. Did you pay through a Credit card? Maybe you can get your money back that way. If you don't receive the package at all, I think you may have a claim with PP even without the protection of ebay. Please let us know what happened. What does the seller have to say about this? Is she tracking from her end as well? I would think she would be.

Last edited:
Thank you MMMSC!
I am going to call them asap tomorrow...

PLEASE, if I told you HALF of what she put me through, you wouldn't believe it!

I just want to get my bag already. I am so afraid that I am going to get ripped off somehow....

FYI, this seller is a VERY ACTIVE MEMBER OF TPF.........

I had no reason to doubt her, she is really nice, and I know her from this forum.....BUT, she made me wait 3 weeks for her to mail out the bag to me after I paid for it, and she was giving me excuse after excuse as to why she couldn't mail it out.....and now, I find out that she wrote my address wrong on the package??????

Wow.. so sorry it happened to you. Shame on that TPF member for mailing it out so late and not double checking to make sure your address is correct. She should really know better. I know how frustrating trying to get a bag in the mail can be.

Hopefully she'll do what she says and try to make things right from her end of the sale. Please keep us updated!

3 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to wait to ship something. That's a huge red flag.

But I'd give her the benefit of the doubt until the package is delivered. Occasionally I've had companies leave off part of my address (usually the apartment number) and it's been delivered without a problem. If the DC# ends up showing that it was delivered but you never received it then you should try to work out some sort of resolution with the seller since a.) she delayed shipping by a long time and b.) she got the address wrong and c.) trusted someone else to ensure that your bag was sent out (even if it is her boyfriend this is still her responsibility).

I hope you get it soon :smile:

I would call USPS (your post office branch ) or maybe even go down there with all the paperwork you have and try to track it down. Boy what a bunch of things that went wrong! Please let us know what happens.
Before 45 days goes by, you should file with PP. Even though you may not be covered because it was not done on ebay, it's worth a try. Did you pay through a Credit card? Maybe you can get your money back that way. If you don't receive the package at all, I think you may have a claim with PP even without the protection of ebay. Please let us know what happened. What does the seller have to say about this? Is she tracking from her end as well? I would think she would be.

YES, the seller is tracking it from her end, that is how she found out that the address had been written wrong.....

She said she is going to call the Royal Mail service tomorrow to try to explain what happened to them.......I don't even think that will help...

If it's one number off and there is not address at which the seller put down, they would probably match and catch it with the rest of your mail. It's happen to me before. I live at 179, but the person put 719, there's no such number on my street, but what they did was match my name with my original address. But you could possibly call the PO.

Q: did or didn't you pay with a cc? kuz if you did, there's no need to freak out. If you don't get the bag, you can dispute the charge with your cc company, which will reverse the charges because you don't have the bag.

Last edited:
I find this very interesting. Since you paid w/ PP, the SELLER would normally still have seller protection against INR/SNAD. However, if memory serves me correctly, the SELLER has violated the seller protection policy by NOT shipping in 7 days, and therefore LOST any Seller protection.
OP.. IF you are going to file an INR complaint w/ Ebay, you only have 45 days from the date of purchase to do that. Don't let your time expire. You don't have any buyer protection since it was a non-ebay transaction, but you CAN still file a buyer complaint for INR.

Hey there, I didn't pay with a credit card, it was paypal balance transfer....grrrrr
I am going to contact paypal anyway tomorrow and see what I can do.....
Also, I am going to contact USPS tomorrow with the tracking information and see if they can make sure the package gets delivered to me.....
This is a nightmare. I already warned this seller that I am going to report her to TPF, Ebay, and Bonanzle if this ends badly for me....
She is very active on this forum, I am shocked she would treat another TPFer like this.....

OP- regardless of a person's status on tPF I would file INR if you call the post office and can't get it resolved.

Since you are in NYC it is likely harder for you to get a package held than it would be for me. I got a camera on Friday and when it got to the post office I called them and asked them to hold it and I would be there shortly to get it (it was an Express package but it got there too late to come with my regular mail).

See if you can notify the postmaster and ask that when the package arrives if it can be redirected to the correct address.

However, if that doesn't work tomorrow then by all means file with Paypal before the 45 day deadline and make sure you don't miss it.

Now, honestly I would be PISSED about a 3 week hold on shipping. The last time someone waited 5 days I was pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.