PLEASE HELP!! Need advice ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately the wrong address does not exist so there is no danger of a completed delivery to a wrong address. Hopefully the post office will match your name to your correct address. If not, the package will probably be returned to the sender. Tough situation. I hope it all works out.

The only reason I know that the address is wrong is because the seller emailed me and told me.

Q: Can't you see the address online, in the tracking page?

No, this is the only response I get on the tracking page on USPS.COM

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

JulieRose, I think that the only thing you can do is this: first thing tomorrow morning, call your post office (or I would go down there myself), show them the tracking info, and see what can be done about tracing the package. Connect with a real person (maybe a supervisor) and tell them to look for this package! If the bag was addressed to one digit off your actual address, it may be sitting at your post office. Please check that all out and let us know as soon as you know something. Good luck.

Last edited:
So we don't know that in fact she mailed it to the wrong address...kuz you just have her word and not any documentation showing that. Maybe it was an honest mistake. Maybe she sent something other than your bag to another address where you wouldn't get her. We don't know.

I see a bit too many red flags for comfort here: excuse after excuse for not mailing anything, a tracking number that's with the boyfriend, shipping to the wrong address... I do hope it works out in the end, but this seller, IMO and based on the info posted so far, is a mess.

Yes, definitely do go the post office with the tracking info the seller give you and see if they can look up the number for you. Remember that you have 45 days to file with paypal, don't let that day pass.

The only reason I know that the address is wrong is because the seller emailed me and told me.

Q: Can't you see the address online, in the tracking page?

??? USPS never shows the address online. I don't think UPS does either, only tracking information.

And both of these only show a city,State or zipcode when they are delivered. Never the full address.

That's right Coachfreak, all I have is HER WORD that she mailed the package to the wrong address, she said she saw the mistake on her shipping receipt......

Yeah, only the city, state and zip in the final tracking message in the US, so you wouldn't be able to see the mistake online. I thought maybe UK tracking...IDK...something. I don't do international transactions, so I don't know how that works.

I would ask her to photograph the receipt and email it to me. Given all the excuses, I'd want proof that what she's saying is true.

Julierose, I would open a PP dispute right away before it is too late. You can always terminate the dispute when you have received the bag. You don't have to be trading on ebay to open PP disputes. I've done it for purchases outside ebay, and won. As someone already mentioned, seller has lost her seller protection therefore you have nothing to worry about. If PP fails to award in your favor, there is always credit card charge backs. If PP decided in your favor before you received the bag, just pay seller again by using the "funds transfer" option.

I gather this bag is originating from UK? If so, Royal Mail's tracking system isn't traceable through USPS. I don't know if seller is truthful about wrong address or is it yet another excuse for not shipping bag out.

That's right Coachfreak, all I have is HER WORD that she mailed the package to the wrong address, she said she saw the mistake on her shipping receipt......

if this is true then it may be a mistake of no consequence. i am looking at usps receipts for a package i recently sent and there is (1) the payment receipt which only reflects the city, state and zip code, (2) the delivery confirmation receipt which has the entire mailing address but only on my portion (the part on the package only has the tracking number) and (3) the insurance receipt which is the same as the delivery confirmation receipt. usps is a pain because you have to write the mailing address is 3 places if you want your package insured and delivery confirmation but the address on the package is the only one that matters.

btw, i would echo others' advice and say go to your local post office (the one that receives your mail) and have them look up the tracking number -- they might be able to clarify what this message means.

my dear ... i have been on an MIA for a couple of weeks but i am on TPF right now again just for you! LOL ... i think i know who this seller is... is your bag the bal officier ggh work? if so, we both know who it is.... to my knowledge she has also screwed 2 other PF'ers over! not in the scamming way at least... still, really really frustrating and we all need to stay away from her... PM me....

after reading about this i'm pretty much sure that she sent SOMETHING in the mail. the tracking status is correct (i have had this tracking status for most of my international packages). the status won't change until the package reaches the USA through customs... i'm not sure if you can do anything at this point until it reaches the states... so keep tracking it daily! then you can use the tracking number to do a "mail forwarding service", or you can also request them to HOLD the package at your local post office (where everything is held until dispatch locally). you can just manually pick it up yourself upon showing your ID ....

hope this helps and please keep us updated... and PM me if you need to chat further...

and yes, i agree with everyone:

-open a dispute on PP, then terminate it if everything ends up ok
-request that she takes a photo of the receipt for you to make sure that she's not lying

xoxo

Hey sweetie! I totally see your point, but I haven't mentioned the seller by name, nor do I intend to. I needed to share my whole story with you guys so you know the entire situation. This seller gave me excuse after excuse as to why she couldn't mail me my bag, for 3 weeks. This bag was not cheap, it was over $1500, and I am beyond nervous that I won't get the bag, or my money back.

At this point, I am just concerned with informing USPS about the address error, and hopefully getting the package delivered to me.

If I find out the bag was never mailed, and that she was scamming me in any way, then I intend to warn other TPFers to not do business with her, but I am not at that point, and I am totally giving her the benefit of the doubt........

I know you haven't outed her but that doesn't mean she isn't watching your posts for something like this. (Which will inevitably open up a very large can of worms.)

If the situation doesn't work out for you then definitely out her, esp if she's defrauded other individuals on here.

I agree with VPT though, you should go ahead and start a dispute via PayPal since her waiting 3 weeks to send it already violated an agreement. If/once you get the bag you can cancel it and there won't be much, if any, harm done. I hope you get your bag soon. :flowers:

Hi. Sorry this has happened to you. I would be upset that the package took so long to be shipped. Take a deep breath and try to relax, if you can, over the address off by one digit. I've had packages addressed to me with the wrong street address or the street name hyphenated, numbers off, etc. I would call your local post office though. AT the very least the sorting department will be made aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.