Please help my stained silverado (PICS INCLUDED)

tara0311

Sep 5, 2008
HI everyone,
Im new to this forum and this is my first post :smile: I purchased this beautiful chloe silverado 2005 from a fellow TPF member (my very first ever Chloe). Today I took her out with me for dimsum lunch, and I didnt dare placing her on the dirty floor. Thus decided to placed her on my lap..it all went well until I dropped a deepfried dumpling on her! I was in panic mode and ran to the bathroom...wet a papertowel and tried to rub it gently. that was around 6 hours ago, and now im left with this big 4cm diameter stain on my bag..and i believe its the water stain. Im devastated that its not going away..and am wondering what else I can do to reduce the appearance of the stain. I've attached a photo as well..I would really appreciate any advice given, thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• silverado1.JPG
    silverado1.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 114
So sorry this happened to you....I am not sure where you live but there is a service called lovin my bags and you can either buy leather cleaners from them or send the bag there for cleaning/restoration. Lot of people here on TPF use their services/products!

Oh, I'm really sorry - I don't think its a water stain - but more likely been the dimsum - as it will have had oil and that on the leather plus the water is probably what this mark is. I'm with mona_danya - I'd opt on LMB.

http://www.lovinmybags.com/

I'd advise you to email Barbara there and attach the photo of the mark on the bag. She should be able to advise you on the best way to deal with this. :yes:

Let us know how you get on.

P.S. I'd recommend you buy a Purse Hook - ideal for using when out in restaurants etc.

Ladies, thank you so much for your replies! i live in Perth, Western Australia so unfortunately we havent got the lovin my bags service. However I've emailed Barbara and hope she's able to give some advice. I've been told by a few friends to use corn starch or baby powder but im not sure if thats the right thing to do. the last thing i want to do is make the stain worse. will keep you all posted! thank you!!

Ladies, thank you so much for your replies! i live in Perth, Western Australia so unfortunately we havent got the lovin my bags service. However I've emailed Barbara and hope she's able to give some advice. I've been told by a few friends to use corn starch or baby powder but im not sure if thats the right thing to do. the last thing i want to do is make the stain worse. will keep you all posted! thank you!!

tara0311 - Hi there - you could still send to LMB - although its a pain - and the return shipping - you shouldn't pay Customs/Duties etc., as its classed as a repair.

The corn starch and baby powder option - I know there are Balenciaga girls who have done this - so it may be ok - but wait to hear from Barbara - as if she can advise you that would be great. Even if she has a product which will work - then you could have it shipped to you - Hopefully you'll get a reply quickly.:yes:

Nice to meet another Aussie! :tup:

I've tried to clean my silverado (it's a tan one) and I've had no luck so far - I've just made mine worse! :sad:

I think if you email LovinMyBags, they really are the best hope. They might have a cleaning product that will work, as you can see, lots of the girls here rate them very highly :yes: Do let us know how it goes.

Hi all! I'm still waiting for a reply from Barbara. I did try massaging johnson's babypowder on the spot, and left it overnight. It didnt help conceal the stain although it helps getting the leather nice and smooth again (the leather did turn dry when i wet it in first place). Btw is this a common problem for all chloe bags or just the silverados? i dont think anyone who owns a paddy has a similar issue with oil/water marks. In the meantime, im going to search for pursehook on ebay - thanks to Lescoy for your idea :smile:

Hi tara0311, I went to my local cobbler to get some moisturiser for my silverado, same like yours but a camel colour. The bottle says cleaner \ moisturiser. I left at home so cant give you name today, will get tonight. But i think you should go to one and see what products they have. You dont want a 'cleaner' unless its some kind of lotion or moisturiser as well. Otherwise there may be more stains on the bags after.

I started rubbing the cream on my bag to soften the tougher areas of the leather. Its absorbed after an hour or so, What looked like 'stains' disappeared. I kept rubbing and will check tonight for the softness. I have also been using J&J baby moisturiser on same bag for trying to soften her up. Last week when i was out with the kids a spot of coke splashed on her near the handle. I didnt have a cleaner yet, so i jusy rubbed more J&J Moisturiser on the area, rubbed right in and buffed. I cant find the spot anymore! I didnt expect that.

I dont have any specific knowledge of leather bags but read online from a cobbler who also worked with alot of bags that leather is just a skin and needs to be treated like you would your own skin, strong chemical cleaners will hurt, but creams and lotions are good for it.

Hi Rowe55, if you could give me the name of the cleaner/moisturizer that'd be great. im gona go to a local cobbler this weekend for some advice. the J&J baby moisturizer sounds like a good investment! :tup:thats so lucky the coke spots are completely gone. by the way, i massaged some baby powder on the spot again and left it for around 4 hours today. The spots actually appeared less intense (its still there tho). im going to post the photos asap. just want to make sure its not my poor vision or my excessively high hopes that is making me think they're going away...:tender:

here are the after pics of my silverado - ladies, please let me know if theres actually any difference. thank you!!!:smile:

Attachments

• silverado2.JPG
    silverado2.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 60
  • silverado3.JPG
    silverado3.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 59
  • silverado4.JPG
    silverado4.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 67
DOH ! i did forget last night, and i was even logged into tPF while kids were playing in the bath. Will write on my hand. I know bad, but effective.