Please Help My New White Bolide!

Thank you so much ladies!!! I love my new bag, and I'm glad you all do too!!! :heart:

-The only worry I have is I'm in NH....does Hermes allow you to send your bags through the mail to them for spa treatment??

-How many twillys would I need to get to wrap my handles fully?

Beautiful Bolide, PSlave! Congratulations!!!!

On the spa question, I have good news and bad news. First, the good news: the US spas do accept bags by mail. Even though I have a boutique in my city, I often send my bags directly to the New York spa rather than go through the boutique. I find it helpful to call them first and let them know it's on it's way. Now the bad news. Earlier this year, I bought a white clemence/toile Bolide. My SA told me that for white bags, they have to send them to Paris for spa treatment; that they don't do them in the US. :crybaby: I haven't confirmed yet with the New York spa that this is indeed true. At least we won't need to find out for a little while.

Beautiful Bolide, PSlave! Congratulations!!!!

On the spa question, I have good news and bad news. First, the good news: the US spas do accept bags by mail. Even though I have a boutique in my city, I often send my bags directly to the New York spa rather than go through the boutique. I find it helpful to call them first and let them know it's on it's way. Now the bad news. Earlier this year, I bought a white clemence/toile Bolide. My SA told me that for white bags, they have to send them to Paris for spa treatment; that they don't do them in the US. :crybaby: I haven't confirmed yet with the New York spa that this is indeed true. At least we won't need to find out for a little while.

Hmm...I def don't want it to go through customs...:cursing:

guess I'll just have to wait and use recommended products on her!! :idea:

I know this is an old post, but I was looking for solutions that other people have used for their white bag handles. My nightmare has always been that they will get grimy, and that seems to happen more often than I could bear.

I will share what I did. I have a 30 white toile birkin. If I had two matching twillys, I would have wrapped the two handles, but I don't ... wrapping 2 different twillys seemed a bit much .... plus, I also like my twillys! I didn't want hand sweat on them, either.

So, what I did was to gather up the brown and white Hermes ribbon I had aways rolled up and put away for - oh, apparently for just this occasion. I wrapped both handles tightly all around with brown ribbon, and then gently stitched the ribbon secure at the bases of the handles.

This would not work for any color bag, but it looks stunning on white, and seems to look great with the toile. I plan to keep the bag like this so that the handles are never harmed. No guilt, and the bag looks soooo interesting. If I can get time to take a picture and post it, I will.