Please help - my new medium flap is coming apart a little! Don't know what to do!

Help! I am a little disraught right now. Only two months ago I bought my first Chanel at Saks. It is a black medium caviar classic flap with silver hardware. I love it and treat it well. It bought it during the EGC event, and I was out of town since the Saks in my city does not have a Chanel boutique.

Anyways, only two months later, I have a problem with the strap. The part where the leather weaves in and out of the chain. It is at the part where the ends of the leather strap meet and then sort of fold back on itself and is stitched to itself to hold it down. The stitches have come out of one of the ends and the strap has come off where it folds back on itself. Has this happened to anyone before? And what can I do? I bought it at a Saks out of town. The only Chanel boutique within 60 miles of me is at a Nieman Marcus. I am scared to even manipulate the chain because I don't want the strap to unravel further.

Chanel will definitely repair it., call you SA or call the customer service line for Chanel....remember, don't send authenticity card with the bag when you send it in for repairs.....it can get lost...GL and keep us posted.:heart:H

Unfortunately, this kind of thing isn't so surprising to me anymore.
Get in contact with your SA to get this resolved.
Best of luck to you.

Same thing happened to my rock and chain last year within a month of buying from the 57th St store in NYC. Brought it to my local Chanel (which is half way around the world from NYC) and they re-stitched it free of charge. I did not even need to show my receipt since it was a current model.

Oh dear, I'm afraid it's the quality issues that the new Chanel bags have. I'm not surprised anymore especially it happened to me as well. I hope you bring the bag back to the boutique and see what they can do for you. Remember to take out your auth cards, tags, receipts and whatever not as they might lose those documents in the process of repairing the bag. Good luck!

Thanks for the support. Do you guys know if Chanel boutiques in Niemans are part of Chanel, or part of Niemans.

I live in San Diego. I bought the purse at a Saks in NYC when I was visiting. However the one Saks in SD does not have a Chanel boutique. There is only one Chanel boutique in San Diego and it is in a Niemans. Do you think I could bring a Saks Chanel purchase into a Niemans Chanel?

Any local gals (Smoothoporter?) know the Chanel SA's in San Diego?