Please HELP, my Lanvin soaks w/ crab juice... now smelly fishy

Sep 30, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I have a little incident today w/ my new demin Lanvin. I have not sleep much for days. I have a 5 wks newborn who has colic. I have a little sleep depreviation so I don't think.

I picked up my new demin Lanvin from the cobbler. I had it resole. I went to grocery afterward, I bought king crabs and I was in a hurry so I put the king crab on the top of shoes:noggin:. After grocery I had to run errand before I could make it home. It was not too warm in Seattle today... little overcast. I got home and unloaded and discovered that my Lanvin is soaked w/ king crab water (from thawing). It is not soak to the inside sole (leather part), just the outside. It smells bad... very fishy smell.:cry:

I did a google search. I've sprayed the deoderized/infectant on it two different times, but still smell likes crab/fishy. Because it's demin, I could not soak in the baking soda. I wrapped the baking soda in a thin napkin and put on top of the shoes. Still smell! I could to wash it because it has leather and I could not leave it our in the sun either.

I am beating myself and so mad. I don't know what to do. Please advise.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I would suggest fill up a pot or something with COLD water
then slightly dip your shoes in it. only the denim part, if you do part of the leather it's ok

do this a couple times and then let it AIRDRY. DO NOT PUT ON THE SUN.

this is how I clean my bags all the time and it's fine :biggrin:

DO NOT wash them or soak them! The denim could shrink and the internal structure of the shoes may collapse

Put the shoes in a ziplock type bag with an open tub of bicarb in there. Give it a couple of days and see how they are, if they still smell put them back in for another two days. Make sure that wherever you put them it's dry with as little humidity as possible and make sure the shoes are dry as well because you don't want them to sweat in the bag

I think I read that you can bury the smelly item in kitty litter in a closed bag ~ I believe I read about it on the Balenciaga subforum.
It sounds like that could really work, and I don't think it would ruin the shoes.

No harm in trying it.

I'm sorry about the King Crab juice, it sounds like something I would do, too. :P

I wrapped the baking soda on a thin napkin and placed the wrapped baking soda on the of top shoes for 1 day and 1 night.

Now, I just let the shoes air out and I put the "Bounce" dry sheet on top of the shoes. I tried this method for one shoe and it's no longer smell fishy or king crab juice. I am trying on the other one.