please help! my bow is breaking :(

emuthegreat

May 5, 2008
Hey girls!

It's my first time posting but I've been reading the mm forum as I recently ventured out of my comfort zone (LV) and bought a nero bow satchel from the HK boutique whilst on holidays!

I didn't use it until I came back to Sydney and after about 3 uses I noticed that the stitching where it holds the handle to the bag was unstitching. It devastated me as it was my first mm bag and I have lusted after it for awhile.

P1020611.jpg

I called up the mm in melbourne and she said to take it into prada for them to send it down so they can either repair or replace it. However, the sealant cracks I can deal with but stitching after 3 uses and I haven't put anything heavy into it and half the time I carry it with the long strap, makes me worried about the bag. She told me "that one bag in a hundred will probably have stitching problems"...which isn't good enough IMHO :sad:

So I'm taking it in today so any imput on what I should do/can do (as I'm not familiar with prada/mm policy) is greatful! Will prada issue a refund on an item that does this after a few uses or credit note?

thanks so much :smile:

Hmmmm never bought from mm/prada directly, but I'm so sorry that this is happening to your precious bow!

One in a hundred?!!?!? That seems like A LOT, especially for bags that cost over $1k.

Since it's been a while since you bought it, I would guess that prada/mm will repair but not refund. You definitely shouldn't have to pay for the repair; put up a fuss about that!

Anyone else have this stitching problem before?

Good luck! :heart:

^ it should be ok to ask for a refund - especially when our only mm boutique is currently located within DJs - the policy is that they can refund all goods that are damaged.

it may be a bit hard to refund via prada - since we don't have a store in sydney - but there is no harm in trying. maybe you should get some correspondance from melbourne mm first and then take it to prada sydney DJs.

^ sorry - what i meant was the current miu miu store is within DJs - at melbourne and sydney siders can only purchase/transfer stock to the sydney DJs prada boutique.

as far as I know... there is no REFUND - but exchange or credit notes only.

Since this bow was demaged after use within short period of tiem, I think they will offer to repair for you (at most) vs. credit notes.

you can try going to Prada.. but they operate under different banners

thank you so much for all your help!

I did end up going to the Prada store (as advised to by the mm SA in melb DJs) and the lady I spoke to was soo rude! I felt like I was making a big fuss and taking up too much of her time for coming in? She basically had the attitude "what do you want me to do about it? why are you even upset?" especially after she told me it will take 6-8 weeks to get it reparied, and when I asked to speak to manager she was just like "he will say the same thing so no point".

But yes the manager was very nice and said he has to call the mm boutique and ask their manager. I just don't want this happening all the time and having to go through this whole ordeal. I'll settle for exchange as I don't want to wait too long when I just used it.

I'll see how it goes!

that's rude of the Prada SA!
I guess when they don't they r not making sale off you, they will turn rude...
I am glad that I have met many sweet SAs in the past...

I hope this will resolve for you soon...

In my past experience, Miu Miu has been provided great services for me to get my issues resolved... so I hope this will be same to you.

I hate rude SA! Especially when they get their commissions from us when we purchase something from them.
Emu please let me know how you go. I hope you can get the replacement soon.

Thanks again to all you lovely ladies for the kind words. Yes I hate rude SA too as it really did dampen the mood as I only wanted some help but anyways..

It's been a week and I still haven't had my issue resolved, the melbourne store called me and I was at work so I missed it..that was last Friday. I even called up the Prada/mm a few days later and noone answered but I finally got through and was told the manager was at a conference...and I never got a call back (again), all this waiting is frustrating.

So I'm going down to Prada in person tomorrow and I'm not leaving till they ring the melb store with me present :graucho:

I guess I just got unlucky....but I'm contemplating on whether I should exchange for a new bow or get a credit note and purchase another bag. Any suggestions?

:smile: TIA!