Please help me with this stain on my one and only Chanel!

eyegirl2k7

May 5, 2008
Hello all,

I only have one lovely Chanel that my BF bought me for Christmas. I have not worn it (although it is pre-loved) due to the weather. I took it out of the dustbag today and found a strange stain. I have no idea what happened to it as it has been stored in its dustbag and nothing was near it or dripped on it that I know of.

I think maybe it is lambskin? Not sure.

Here are the pics.

Chanelcamerabagfront.jpg

Chanelcamerabagstain1.jpg

Chanelcamerabagstain2.jpg

Is there any chance I can gently rub the stain with a moist cloth? I read the lambskin cleaning thread and I'm still not certain what would be safest to do.

Thank you for helping out a Chanel noob!

First off, DO NOT EVER use water on lambskin!
*EDIT* looks like this may be calfskin, but the same rule of thumb applies*

That said, take some leather conditioner (not cleaner) and rub it into
a soft cloth. Don't put the conditioner directly onto your bag.
Gently rub the conditioned cloth on a small part of the stain and if this
removes the stain, go ahead and do the rest of the marking.

Looks like a mildew type exterior spot and I am pretty confident
it will clean up just fine.
It is recommended that we 'air' out our stored Chanel bags monthly,
especially during the damp winter months.

Please let us know how this works out for you ;)

Thank you ladies for your help. I used a very soft cloth and some apple leather conditioner. The stain seems to have come right out with gentle rubbing. We'll see how it looks when it dries. Hopefully I will have good after pics!

:smile:

I'm so glad it cleaned up for you!
Your bag needs some attention- take it out and carry it and enjoy it. It needs the fresh air! LOL

hey ladies, i have a similar problem with my white lambskin flap, but its one involving a colour transfer from my new jeans =(
can i use the same method to remove the colour? if so, will any leather conditioner do? or it has to be apple leather conditioner? is there a time limit within which i have to get it removed before it stays on permanently?

p.s. if anyone here is from sydney australia, will u kindly tell me where i can get my hands on a leather conditioner? i've been to so many shoe repairs and handbag places and still cant find any.