Please help me understand!!

yhassan

O.G.
Feb 16, 2006
I woke up this morning to an email from ebay saying that all my listings were canceled bc of a trademark violation! I don't understand what I did wrong! I listed them the saem way I always list! I want to cry bc I really need the money from these! Please help me understand what I did so I can relist them! They also contacted the poeple who were interested, now they will be scared away!! I don't know what I did or what to do :crybaby:

This is the email:
The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
been canceled.

A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that identifies a company's products and services. Trademark infringement is illegal, and eBay doesn't permit sellers to use a trademark in a way that confuses or misleads buyers about the source or affiliation of an item.

Listings that contain information indicating that the item infringes intellectual property rights are not permitted on eBay.

- Take eBay's brief tutorial on Intellectual Property Policies and VeRO
- Read the ended listings FAQ at http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/vero-removed-listing.html
- Ask eBay a question using the link on the above help page

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

No one knows what I should do?? I should ask that all of my listings were of bags that are 100% authentic so I don't know what is wrong! :crybaby: I really need to relist these items otherwise I will nto be able to pay off my credit card bill but I don't want them to be removed again! Please, any advice would be greatly appriciated!!

It has not happened to me before so I cannot offer any good advice. Im sorry!! :shame: But i heard that such things always happen becos most of the time ebay does not know what it is doing!! I guess if you are selling a bag.. try listing it with a very plain and simple title like "100% Authentic xxx brand red tote bag" or something to that effect? :smile:

What did your original listing say? I know that if you write something similiar to "Chanel-style" etc., Vero/Ebay will remove the listing.

Let us know what the listing said and we can help you more.

i don't want to get in trouble for saying what I am selling but my listings said something to the effect of: 100% Authentic XXXXX Green Bag! What am I doing wrong?

I think it's either you posted a picture of the company's trademark logo or as mentioned, you mentioned it was similar to another bag. You can only describe it what it is and not post pictures from other website. Take your own pictures and you will be fine. Don't worry about the buyers because if they're interested, they will bid from you again.

I have heard that there have been a lot of listing removals lately, particularly with respect to Chanel. You shouldn't relist before talking to someone at ebay because they can suspend you (there is help from ebay, but I've afraid I don't know the appropriate way to get it--sorry). Usually this means that receipts have to be submitted etc. to show authenticity. I'm not sure if this is happening more to lower feedback sellers or to everybody or if certain competitive sellers are reported other sellers. No one seems to know. Sorry it happened to you.

I sell items that I design and make on ebay. And have had experience with people trying to steal my designs. Whom I do report to ebay. Because I own the rights to them. From experience I know that ebay will not take the time on their own and purposely cancel listings. And most brands have an agreement with ebay regarding replicas. If you say your items are authentic and they aren't a brand knock-off. And you haven't used someone else's images. Someone has reported you. Ebay will not investigate unreported listings. I'm wondering if someone else who sells competitive product reported you. Or a disgruntled customer?

I did not use any pictures from websites or anything. Everything that I posted was in my own words to describe the bags & pictures I took in my bedroom. There were 2 chanel bags, a chloe, and a balenciaga & I just took lots of pictures of the bags and their tags and described their condition. Should I just try to relist them??

If they ask me for reciepts what am I suppose to do? I purchased some of these bags from other pfers so I know they are authentic but I do not have the recpiets. Should I just change the listing around and hope nothing happens this time? I started the bidding low for everything (around $200) with either a reserve or a Buy it Now option, does that effect anything??

Ebay has too much nerve!!! :mad: They're going after YOU and you're selling authentic merchandise. All the while, they have all of these other fake bags and God only knows what else for sale on their site. I really wish I could suggest something that you could do. Have you tried calling them to straighten the matter out? I hope this gets settled soon and your headache is over. But really, :censor:Ebay has a lot of nerve. :cursing:

If you know your items are authentic, just call and talk to customer service. They took down a Versace item of mine a long time ago they claimed wasn't authentic. When I explained to them that it was purchased at a store they allowed me to relist them. If they suspended you- you can't relist. But if they just ended your listings you can put them up. Keep in mind that once you're on their radar, they'll occasionally monitor your selling.

Where can I find their number to call them? All I could find was their email and they have yet to reply. I would love thier phone number though so I can speak to someone directly!

Also, I was not suspended, they just ended my listings so I am just a little confused and worried as to what to do now.

Why don't you try other sites to sell your bags? eBay charges a bomb and then play God and remove authentic listings and smugly have the cheek to tell sellers their items are not authentic when they don't know a thing about bags! If I were you, I would try elsewhere - you could save heaps from eBay fees and also not have them meddle with your authentic bags.