Please help me to decide....

minnie04

IG minnie0104
O.G.
Aug 4, 2006
Hi Gals, I need little help from the girls at H forum. I have chance to purchase either so kelly 22 or lindy 30. and i am looking for orange color.
which style i should get? and pro/ con? and why?
please help me decide. i saw so kelly irl. but unfortunately , i have not had chance to play around and pay attention to lindy.. this bag seems very popular @ forum.
thank you! :P

Depends what your style is, Kelly and Lindy are two totally different looks. I am not a Kelly gal as I like things that are less structured and floppy. I am absolutely in love with the Lindy 30cm in Orange. I have tried that bag on so many times and think it is fabulous!!!!!

I think before you make this decision, you need to try on the Lindy, as it is a very different look and might not work for you.

Good luck!

These are VERY expensive handbags, and when purchased, can only be returned for credit-only. You simply must try them on and see what works best for you. These are two very different bags - it really is all about what works for YOU, not what we like or think.

I think a Lindy in orange would be fantastic! :love: I like how you can hold the lindy in hand, on the arm or on the shoulder. It seems very versatile.

I don't have a So Kelly or a Lindy so I can't really say from experience. But after trying both on I prefer the Lindy.

Depends on what you want to use if for and what your lifestyle is like too. :flowers:

I think a Lindy in orange is ideal. It is a fun looking bag. The SO Kelly is a conservative bag so I would choose a neutral color. Good luck.

These are VERY expensive handbags, and when purchased, can only be returned for credit-only. You simply must try them on and see what works best for you. These are two very different bags - it really is all about what works for YOU, not what we like or think.

I agree with India.

HOWEVER, I will give you my personal opinion on the lindy - I have a 30 cm and I ADORE it. I couldn't do a So Kelly because I really can't do shoulder carry anymore. But the lindy has the shoulder strap for those times when I need to get an armload of stuff from the car to the house and such. It's a fantastic bag and I just love the "fortune cookie" shape. And it's easy to get in and out of.

But I have a friend who got a So Kelly in orange and it was STUNNING. The lindy is a lot of orange and I probably couldn't pull it off in the lindy, but if I could do a So Kelly, I think I could pull off the orange in that.

I agree with crochetbella, lindy IS handheld and shoulder whilst SO is shoulder only. Plus lindy in orange is simply divine! i have a lindy 34 but in etoupe and simply love the bag. plus i get a lot of compliments bec of its unusual shape.

good luck!

Thanks Ladies for your input!.. I actually do have so kelly in RG 22! .. i wonder if i should go with another so kelly orange. one thing about so kelly that i like, its a shoulder bag. i need shoulder bag these days. i have couple birkins and i hardly carry them. i carry them only when i don't have the 2 little ones with me. i also carry a lot my evelyne for errands. however, i definitely want to take a look at lindy.. i think its a "smart" looking bag. the design is very unique. i just wonder if its will be too bulky for me.. ( the bottom seems pretty wide). and i would love it in orange!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts: do you guys think orange lindy will be too much? ( too bright?) .

An orange Lindy would be a great "pop" comfy daily wear type bag! It seems perfect for shopping or other outings.

There is a pic of Naomi Campbell sporting an orange Lindy somewhere..........

FOUND IT:
2556.jpg

The bottom IS very wide and can look bulky on some people. Those who look best tend to be longer waisted, slender, and carry enough in the bag to sort of "slim" it out. I was very interested in this bag at one time, but it was not comfortable - way too bulky where I was "bulky".