Please help me to choose my next watch purchase :)

TheMrsKwok

Jul 31, 2010
Hi everyone, my boyfriend is kind and would like to buy me something for the upcoming valentines.
I am torn between these four watches.

1 the first one has good price point, pretty and comfortable. - Michael kors
2 the second one looks very pretty by itself or with my pandora, elegant. suitable for day and night- Gucci
3 the third one is gorgeous and one of a kind IMO. Young and trendy - Gucci
4 the forth one is in gold color, comfortable and girly. - Gucci

Attachments

• image-3994921498.jpg
    image-3994921498.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 557
  • image-1682217989.jpg
    image-1682217989.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 561
What a sweet boyfriend you have!

Personally I prefer the second watch (Gucci). It is pretty and looks like it will look good with pretty much anything. The gold coloured Gucci watch is lovely too.

Also, given a choice between Michael Kors and Gucci I would definitely go for a Gucci watch. Although they are also a fashion brand like Michael Kors they produce excellent quality watches which are all made in Switzerland. I have a Tag Aquaracer now but used to have a Gucci G-Timeless watch and loved it.

Let us know what you decide to get! :smile:

Onebagtoomany said:
What a sweet boyfriend you have!

Personally I prefer the second watch (Gucci). It is pretty and looks like it will look good with pretty much anything. The gold coloured Gucci watch is lovely too.

Also, given a choice between Michael Kors and Gucci I would definitely go for a Gucci watch. Although they are also a fashion brand like Michael Kors they produce excellent quality watches which are all made in Switzerland. I have a Tag Aquaracer now but used to have a Gucci G-Timeless watch and loved it.

Let us know what you decide to get! :smile:

Hello , thank you so much for your reply, my bf is really sweet ! :biggrin:
Yeah the 2nd one looks super cute with my pandora leather bracelet. It seems like it can be mix and match with tons of assessories.
The gold one is simply comfortable, smooth metal with round edges.
How about the third one ? Is it too trendy and most probably fall out of love with it very easily ?

I have several Gucci watches and love them, but have you looked at Raymond Weil? They make some very pretty watches too and you can generally find some pretty good sales. They run on sale comparable to the Gucci's you are looking at.

I have this one:

Raymond Weil 2.jpg

Raymond Weil.jpg

Hello , thank you so much for your reply, my bf is really sweet ! :biggrin:
Yeah the 2nd one looks super cute with my pandora leather bracelet. It seems like it can be mix and match with tons of assessories.
The gold one is simply comfortable, smooth metal with round edges.
How about the third one ? Is it too trendy and most probably fall out of love with it very easily ?

I'm not so keen personally on that one, mainly because it does look like it will date quite quickly and I'm also not a fan of obvious logos on jewellery/watches. That said, you should get what you love! What sort of jewellery do you tend to wear to wear - white metals like silver, plat or white gold, or yellow gold? If you wear mainly white metals I think that the second watch would look better and as you say it will combine really well with some of your other stuff anyway like the Pandora leather bracelet. If you wear mainly yellow gold then you might consider getting the gold coloured Gucci watch? It doesn't really matter though, both are gorgeous watches!

charleston-mom said:
I have several Gucci watches and love them, but have you looked at Raymond Weil? They make some very pretty watches too and you can generally find some pretty good sales. They run on sale comparable to the Gucci's you are looking at.

I have this one:

Hi charlestonmom :biggrin: I actually looked at the Raymond Weil in the same shop. They just happened to place the Gucci watches next to Raymond Weil, and tissot, opposite of Burberry watches. Altought I do think they are timeless an elegant, and that I will choose to wear everyday, I do not have the urge to buy it. Like , they lack of craziness that spark me to splurge on them. I am quite silly when it comes to this. I am sorta crazy lol !!!

TheMrsKwok said:
Hi charlestonmom :biggrin: I actually looked at the Raymond Weil in the same shop. They just happened to place the Gucci watches next to Raymond Weil, and tissot, opposite of Burberry watches. Altought I do think they are timeless an elegant, and that I will choose to wear everyday, I do not have the urge to buy it. Like , they lack of craziness that spark me to splurge on them. I am quite silly when it comes to this. I am sorta crazy lol !!!

I completely understand! My three girls love their Michael Kors watches. Have a little more oomph. Ha ha! I'm afraid you might get tired of the Gucci cuff. The little rectangular Gucci is cute, but you might get bored (too classic?). I do like it though.

Oversize is all the rage, and is what my three girls love. Very sweet of your boyfriend!

I do love the fourth one too, but it's pretty dressy. The Michael Kors might be better with jeans and such.

I think for you I would pick the MK. I love large watches and wear one everyday. They are comfortable and very fashionable yet a classic look. I will say I own a Raymond Weil very similar to the second Gucci except with white face and diamonds. I got it a number of years ago and use to wear it everyday, now it is my dress watch. The Gucci would be a close second, I think you'll get a lot of wear out if it and it will always be in style. Actually I think either of those you can't go wrong with. Which do you think suits your style the most? Their both good choices. Let us know which you pick.

Onebagtoomany said:
I'm not so keen personally on that one, mainly because it does look like it will date quite quickly and I'm also not a fan of obvious logos on jewellery/watches. That said, you should get what you love! What sort of jewellery do you tend to wear to wear - white metals like silver, plat or white gold, or yellow gold? If you wear mainly white metals I think that the second watch would look better and as you say it will combine really well with some of your other stuff anyway like the Pandora leather bracelet. If you wear mainly yellow gold then you might consider getting the gold coloured Gucci watch? It doesn't really matter though, both are gorgeous watches!

I wear all sorts of color I think, my pendant is a rose gold setting with a pink peridot, on a white gold chain, platinum ring with pandora and Swarovski ring and bracelet >,< and I always wear those cute little costume jewellery I buy when they are on sale, 3 for $20 . Oh I am obsessed :sad:

I like #2 and #1. 2 is good because it will go with everything, dressy to casual, and it will be amazing as a stacking piece. 1 is a good stand-alone watch. I have one a lot like this...oversized. I'm getting a tri-colour chronograph for my birthday this year. I think 3 and 4 you'll get sick of quite quickly, and you'll struggle to find many outfits to 'go' with them.