Please help me through my separation anxiety!!

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
Ok.. I am feeling some major loss right now and just needed to let it all out! First off I sold my new noir market tote on *bay. I really didn't want to but in order to keep some other bags that I liked more I had to do it. I'm very bummed about it though because it was truly a beautiful and highly functional bag. I had a hard time selling any of the bags because I like them all in different ways, you know? So.. that's it.. she's gone! I will, at some point, get another one when the time is right. That is what I keep telling myself in order to feel better about it.

NEXT- I just shipped out two of my other RM bags to Rebecca Minkoff Co. in NY to get the handles fixed. I sent my Night Mattie and my Sterling Steady. I am really happy that I finally did this so when I get them back they will be perfect and ready to use but for now they are gone.. And who knows how long they will be gone for.. I also have a bit of worry about something happening to them at the factory. I handle my bags VERY gently so I hope they treat them the same. I worry about the sterling leather b/c it can be fragile and prone to scratches. I also worry about the Night/ Night mattie b/c IF something happened to that bag it would be very hard to replace I think.. anywoo...just need to vent.

All in all this is a good day because eventually my two RM bags will come back better than before. I just can't wait until they return to me safe & sound.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
Aw, I understand. I sometimes have separation anxiety when I simply put a bag up for sale! (you have seen me put up and take down bags repeatedly, right?) Anyway, I just sent off my resort yellow mam to LMB to get cleaned up and I'm feeling it even though I have other bags to play with. It's hard to let go. Hang in there because before you know it your other 2 will be back in no time ready to use! And I'm sorry your tote had to go. Even if it's for the best, it's hard. :hugs:

I totally hear ya, LR! I can't get myself to sell any of my bags, even though I probably should.

I hope the repairs come back to you soon! Hopefully they'll use the seal like they do with the new handles so you'll never have to part with your babies again. Focus on your new loves... I think I saw you got a NL Nikki recently? That's a beauty, :heart::heart::heart: it!

:hugs: for you!

Hi there, girl! I'm sorry to hear about your Market Tote. You'll definitely get it again when the time is right!

About repair... I sent my Hazelnut MAM for repair on August 9th and got it back yesterday! I dropped the bag off at the store that I bought it from and it took them a week just to send it to RM (the store is less than an hour away from RM :cursing:). So, if you sent the bag directly to RM repair department, you should get it sooner than I did! Of course, the repair time varies (especially since you have 2 bags that need work done) but it shouldn't take a long time!

I was worried about my bag being "mistreated" while being repaired but it came back with no scratches or anything like that. I hope yours come back like that, too.

I just got my bag back from repair, too (handle issue) and they did not seal the handles. :sad: I didn't ask them to do that though. Not sure if they would do it if you actually asked them... :shrugs:

I totally hear ya, LR! I can't get myself to sell any of my bags, even though I probably should.

I hope the repairs come back to you soon! Hopefully they'll use the seal like they do with the new handles so you'll never have to part with your babies again. Focus on your new loves... I think I saw you got a NL Nikki recently? That's a beauty, :heart::heart::heart: it!

:hugs: for you!

I know exactly how you feel! I've sold a lot of bags I liked because I just had to have something new. Oh well it's better than getting into (more) debt!

I hope your handles come back lovely.

Yikes. That is tough LR. I hope they come back to you soon!

I will probably have to send my Hazelnut MT in for the handles, but I really don't want to.

Here's to hoping time flies!

I just got my bag back from repair, too (handle issue) and they did not seal the handles. :sad: I didn't ask them to do that though. Not sure if they would do it if you actually asked them... :shrugs:

I think it really depends on which color leather it is. In order to seal the handle they would have to have the matching color seal and I think they only have the latest colors. I doubt they have a seal for my sterling steady but I wouldn't be surprised if my Night Matinee came back sealed since we know they have black seal.

That is just my two cents. Thanks for the info girl!

Well.. we ALL know what happened with Ross & Rachel. Hopefully my bags won't cheat on me while they're gone. Or maybe it is me that will do the cheating?? hehe..
-Glances over to NL Nikki-

I so hear you. I hope your 2 bags come back to you safe & sound & very, very soon. I am sorry you let your GORGEOUS MT away but another, possibly more gorgeous one will come your way. I have no RM bags yet but I am attached to my bags. I get palpitations when I list them & feel so sad to send them away. I even buy the colour back but I tend to miss the very piece I sold.

Well.. we ALL know what happened with Ross & Rachel. Hopefully my bags won't cheat on me while they're gone. Or maybe it is me that will do the cheating?? hehe..
-Glances over to NL Nikki-

You are too funny:roflmfao: Can't you just hear Nikki calling you now:graucho:

Hopefully your bags will be back soon and better than ever. I'm sure they miss you too.:heart: