Please help me select my laptop

Please help me select my new laptop.

• Sony VAIO

• HP

• Gateway

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted HP because I am so not cool with VAIO, my VAIO (desktop) workstation broke down last week apparently because the graphics chip got burnt out and it is only 2 years old. The computer gentleman says that he has seen this quite often because Sony uses parts with lower tolerance.

I was also given a laptop (X505) by my firm and I must say it is a bit lousy. OK, it is only 900 grams so I should not expect much but the thing is poorly constructed and it creaks!

Last and not least, remember the worldwide battery recall last year because batteries started blowing up? Guess who made the batteries. Sony.

P.S. Outside the choices, I would choose Apple and then run both OS X and Windows in one machine.

I would suggest an HP with lots of RAM. I wouldn't suggest a MAC purely because there is a lower tendency of getting viruses. It is just a matter of time before a dedicated comp sci nerd figures that one out. I'm in my last year comp sci and most comp sci/engineer students use a Dell, IBM, Acer and HP. Very few students have MAC or Sony. Keep in mind the average lifetime of a laptop is only 3 years, after that new technology comes out and most people get new ones or replace parts to their old comp's.

I would suggest a Mac bc they have stores so that you can take ur laptop in and get it fixed. When I call HP tech support I always get a foreigner who I cannot understand and am always on the phone forever. I do evenually get my problem solved but my next lappy will be a Mac for sure!!!