Please help me select my new laptop.

• Sony VAIO

• HP

• Gateway

Results are only viewable after voting.

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I am going to make this a poll of the ones that I have narrowed it down to.

I have searched this forum and read many opinions about some of the laptops. I would like to just hear more specifics about the ones that I am considering.

Please vote and then if you can, please tell me the pros and cons. Also, if you know anything about the customer service for that particular computer would be very helpful.

I value all opinions on this forum, as you have been so helpful with other things. TIA

Charles, I hope you see this. I would like to hear what you think too.

Yeah, i'm also goona say get a mac. It may seem more expensive but you get lots of free software and they are virtually impervois to viruses nad spyware b/c it is almost impossible to write an encryption that is mac compatible

I voted for the Sony cause they're better than HP and Gateway (in terms of both technology and looks), but you should know that their service sucks (though not enough to get a HP or Gateway)! Sony's screens are usually much better than other laptops too.

Good luck choosing one!

ive never gotten anything but vaios and the quality is really hit-or-miss.......they are quite fragile, imo. the one i'm using now, i bought it because it was too sexy to resist - sleek, super thin, all black - and i paid almost 3k for it when it first came out, but after like a year or two now, the fan is just so frickin' loud and random things keep going wrong with it. same things have happened to my old vaio laptops. i'm now looking for a new laptop and definitely staying away from vaios, which is totally hard to do because imo they make the sleekest most gorgeous laptops out there...

I'm getting a Mac this summer. With all the viruses and spyware I get on my PC, I feel like Mac really is the way to go now.

That being said my current laptop is a Compaq/HP, and I've had it for 4 years. It's served me well, not a lot of trouble, but it does seem to be a magnet for viruses and spyware.