Please help me save my Simples!

peppamint

up in the air
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
SFO...TPE
I got these from fleabay…and MAN do they need some TLC! Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove those mystery-stains on the insole? (Plus these Simples smell kind of funny too….)

PS: Is it really lame that my first Loubies are in such sad condition? It would have been nice if my first pair were Armadillos…..

TIA!

kjbags

Sep 26, 2009
I would suggest baby wipes for cleaning the insoles, works really well :tup:

DC-Cutie

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
in the store....
i'd use Lysol wipes first (for germs) and then babywipes... But I think I read on here that someone actually sent their CLs back to have the insoles replaced (another option)

Jun 21, 2008
On an airplane...
Since I would be worried about whose foot was in them I would use some type of disinfectant. When I clean my insoles I use the alcohol rubbing pads from the hospital! My friend, whose a nurse, gave me a whole case of them! They work really well and made my soles look like new! Not sure if you can get your hands on some of those.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Honestly, I would take those bad boys for a professional shoe "spa" treatment and a serious disinfecting before I wore them or tried them on. No offense ....

rilokiley

Oct 15, 2008
I take it all of this was not disclosed in the listing? :s I'd be a bit upset about receiving shoes in this condition... OP, have you considered messaging the seller?

kett

Jan 27, 2010
Utah
EW I can't believe someone would send a shoe in that condition! That's all I had.:biggrin:

Jan 18, 2006
I agree with DC-Cutie on using Lysol wipes and baby wipes. That's exactly how I clean my CL's. The seller really should have cleaned them up for you prior to shipping them. That's disgusting.

yellow08

Gone fishing...
O.G.
Jul 30, 2007
:yucky: at the condition of the shoe! I can't believe she would sell :nono:them w/out at least trying to clean them...
I would try lysol for disinfecting but I would also use a mr. clean magic eraser to get the "toe grit" out

crazzee_shopper

Now a Mrs.
Jan 13, 2010
I know the Mr Clean works on removing black marks on my sole. I wonder if it will clean dirt marks too.

G'luck!

PyAri

ThisKatEats
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
My vote goes to the cleaning with lysol wipes. Do that before you try them on or wear them out. Hopefully they will be much cleaner after that. Good luck =)