Please help me! - Problems with buyer and unconfirmed shipping address

socaltrojan

Cupcake Lover <3
O.G.
Aug 12, 2006
I listed a bag and sold it on ebay.

The buyer has 0 feedback and paid instantly.

The buyer does not have a confirmed shipping address.

In my listing I specifically wrote that I only ship to paypal users with confirmed shipping addresses.

I used ebay to message my buyer asking them to confirm their address on paypal via adding a credit card to their account.

I told them that I would refund the unconfirmed payment they just sent me and that I will send them a new invoice so they can pay after confirming their shipping address.

If the buyer does not agree to confirm their address, should I go ahead and cancel the transaction and do a second chance offer to the next highest bidder?

I am definitely going to be sending the bag with insurance and signature confirmation, but am worried about sending it to a 0 feedback buyer with an unconfirmed address.

I have heard so many horror stories on this forum, so I don't know if I am just being paranoid.

Should I take a chance and ship it out to the unconfirmed address of a Zero feedback buyer?

The buyer messaged me back and does not seem to understand why a confirmed address is necessary and says the address is the same for all of the purchases that were made in the past using paypal.

What would you do? Please help!
I don't know what to do!

TIA!

Since you are purchasing insurances and having a delivery confirmation, I would honestly go ahead and do it. If anything PayPal will cover you. I just recently sold a BNIB cell phone to someone with 0 feedback but had a confirmed mailing address and the next day, the buyer is no longer register to eBay. Since I already mailed the item, I am covered. As long as you have insurances you'll be fine. I think it's better if you ship the item using PayPal shipping labels. This way, PayPal will for sure know that you sent the item. Hope this helps.

Does your paypal page say "o.k to ship" I think now buyers don't have to have confirmed addresses. If paypal says it's ok, it's probably ok, but if you really feel uneasy and the item is worth a lot then maybe you shouldn't, as I think you should always trust your instincts on things like this.
I have shipped once to a person with un confirmed address and 0 feedback and it turned out o.k, but the item was $100.

eep, i don't know what to tell you, as i've always worried about this exact same situation. i've heard to many horror stories about chargebacks, bait and switch scams, etc

i guess it depends on how much money is at stake..if it were me, i would do it for a $250 bag, but if it was for a $2,000 bag I would really think twice. If it was a buyer with like 20 feedbacks, maybe...but definitely not for a zero feedback buyer. there's just too many strikes...( zero feedback, unconfirmed address), plus it doesn't sound like the buyer is willing to get her address confirmed. i know we all have to start somewhere (re: ebay feedbacks), but having an unconfirmed address makes things even harder.

i haven't heard the changes in paypal protection, but last year when i was selling a lot, the rules were that if you shipped to an uncomfirmed address, paypal would not back you if the buyer decided to file a chargeback.

the new rules are that if it says okay to ship then you are fine. You could call Paypal just to clarify if seller protection is applicable to the transaction.

BTW- think about it, not everyone may have a credit card or be able to get one in this economy.

Yes, as stated you no longer need to ship to a confirmed address. That said, it's a real headache for you if the buyer turns out to be a scammer as your money will be held for up to a month while Paypal checks you delivered to the Paypal address.

Yes, as stated you no longer need to ship to a confirmed address. That said, it's a real headache for you if the buyer turns out to be a scammer as your money will be held for up to a month while Paypal checks you delivered to the Paypal address.
Yes for anyone who has been burned and/or read all the horror stories on here, it's best to ere on the side of caution. But that's just me and my PARANOID self talking. All you magnanimous and generous people, go right ahead and ship to a 0 FB and unconfirmed address!!:nuts:

The buyer messaged me back and does not seem to understand why a confirmed address is necessary and says the address is the same for all of the purchases that were made in the past using paypal.

What would you do? Please help! I don't know what to do!

TIA!

I have a question.. if he/she has ZERO feedback.. then why is the buyer saying that her past purcahses were all sent to the same address? I smell a scam..