Please help me pick my first LV <3

I am new to LV and bought my first bag a few months ago, the Siena PM. I love it, but it is a little small, so for you I would recommend the MM. Also bought the SpeedyB 25 in Mono, only had the chance to use it once before the world went crazy! But the 25 has plenty of room, and I liked it better crossbody than the 30, and I wear my bags crossbody usually. I like the Montaigne, but haven’t seen it in person. That or the Soufflot will likely be my next bag.

Good luck! But be careful, it can get addicting!

I second this suggestion for the Siena MM. I also purchased the Siena PM a few months ago, and it’s a fantastic bag - a crossbody that can also be handheld, and it conforms to the body in a more flattering way (IMO) than the speedy, plus it’s gorgeous. My first LV was a speedy 30, which I purchased because it was a classic, and versatile, yet functional. In the past 15 years I’ve used it maybe 20 times. I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I don’t find the bag to be convenient or practical, and it just doesn’t lay right when worn crossbody. JMHO! If the Siena MM is not to your liking, I’d vote for either the Montaigne or the V-tote (definitely something that can be work crossbody!).

8CBE7BDC-348B-4190-AFEC-6AA92386E4CC.png

Reactions: Raleylauren
Thank you for your help! I’m a little league mom too so that’s definitely something to consider! I’m missing baseball a lot these days!
Same! The spots aren’t that noticeable now but at the time it happened two days in a row a week after I first got it! Should’ve learned my lesson the first time :facepalm:
If you happen to love the speedy over the others just get a small umbrella or something to protect it the until the vachetta gets a bit darker

View attachment 4714205

View attachment 4714206

View attachment 4714208

View attachment 4714207
Hey there! Looking to purchase my first LV and I’m in between the speedyb 30 (or 25...your thoughts on this would be appreciated), v tote mm, Go to tote mm, or Montaigne mm. I’m a mom, minimalist, carrier of all things, would like something I can dress up or dress down, and need it to be practical and easy to use. If you have any input, I would really appreciate it!
I would vote to get the Speedy B 30. Otherwise you will probably want it at some point anyway. That’s the mistake I made - I always say next time, next time and it’s always the “Speedy” or “?”. Hope that make sense.

How exciting! The one thing that I would think about is that these four bags are going to organize your things quite differently. As a mother with three small children, some of these bags might be set up better internally, depending on your style.

I agree that they Speedy B hits a lot of notes and it is noticeably more friendly on the wallet. But will the lack of structure work for you? I do not have one but people that love them do admit that they can become a bit if a black hole.

The montaigne is my favorite. I love the size and the lines but I personally find that style of divider on the inside frustrating. I prefer a more open space. But some people might love having a divider. You have to assess what works best for your busy lifestyle.

The pallas might work for some people but others might think it is too small and compact.

The On the Go has a more structured inside, with a variety of pockets. but it is quite open.

I would give thought to how you like to organize the items you are carrying and factor that into your decision.

Another vote for OTG or V Tote. I own them both (OTG in GM)! The OTG is more of a work/daily/travel bag for me though and I think you'd be able to dress the V up or down more easily, so if that's a priority for you, I'd go with the V tote. (For what it's worth, I was debating between the Montaigne and V, and went with the V with no regrets. I feel like the strip of leather just makes it seem more luxe without being fussy.)

Another note re: the OTG, apparently the longer previously-Mono straps for the MM and GM have just been replaced with solid black leather straps. You can see pics on the clubhouse thread -

On the Go Tote (OTG) Club

It's some people's taste but not everyone's; just something to be aware of!

How exciting! The one thing that I would think about is that these four bags are going to organize your things quite differently. As a mother with three small children, some of these bags might be set up better internally, depending on your style.

I agree that they Speedy B hits a lot of notes and it is noticeably more friendly on the wallet. But will the lack of structure work for you? I do not have one but people that love them do admit that they can become a bit if a black hole.

The montaigne is my favorite. I love the size and the lines but I personally find that style of divider on the inside frustrating. I prefer a more open space. But some people might love having a divider. You have to assess what works best for your busy lifestyle.

The pallas might work for some people but others might think it is too small and compact.

The On the Go has a more structured inside, with a variety of pockets. but it is quite open.

I would give thought to how you like to organize the items you are carrying and factor that into your decision.

I mistakenly wrote Pallas instead of V tote! But that got me thinking that maybe the Pallas might work for you too. It comes in a variety of colors and has a secure central pocket with two easy access side pockets to put keys/phone etc. And it comes with an adjustable strap. It is in the same price range as the V tote. Here is a picture in Marine Bleu.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 7.10.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 7.10.08 AM.png