Please help me pick my 1st LV bag!!

1. After many months of indecision, I still do not know what bag would be the best choice as my first LV purchase. I'm sure I'll carry it everyday for a few months, then I always like to rotate to other bags. So the dilemma is, do I pick a monogram canvas shoulder LV bag or the Speedy 30? I love the Speedy 30, but I'm thinking a shoulder bag would be more convenient to carry around for everyday use. The Cabas Piano looked/felt too small for me when I tried it on, and the Bagtinolles Horizontal seems too wide. Geez, I feel like I'm going crazy trying to decide!! :wacko: I know I can always buy another LV bag later on, but for my FIRST LV bag, should it be Speedy 30 or BH? FYI, I'm 5'6 and a size 8. Thank you so much for your advice/suggestions! :biggrin:

2. Did you get a chance to try the batignolles vertical as well ? I prefer the shape of that over the horizontal. And I prefer shoulder bags, it's probably more a matter of personal preference, and since you've narrowed it down to two bags, you're almost set ! Would you like a shoulder or a handheld bag ?

3. BH - hands down!! I have it..love it and I am 5'7 ,size 6

4. BV or BH would be your best bet if you're looking for style and convenience. If you don't mind carrying around a handbag all day, then I'd say go w/ the Speedy.

5. So you don't think the BH is too wide? How does it look on? I didn't get a chance to see that one at the LV store, but when I go back I'll try it. Thanks!!

6. BH for sure! I've been lusting over it for a while!

7. I love the speedy the best but it really depends on whether you like shoulder or handbags. What do you usually use? If it is the first time with a handbag it might be awkward for you. Either the speedy or the BH or BV are all beautiful choices I think. If you can go to the boutique then you can try them on.

8. I agree with everyone. It depends on what your looking for (shoulder or arm)

When I made my choice, it was a matter of what I didn't have. All my bags are shoulder so I went with the speedy.

9. Well I'm also planning on buying a Gucci Horsebit (large) after I buy the LV, so maybe it's OK to buy the Speedy. For some reason I think my instinct is to go with the Speedy, but then my friend was pointing out that it's nicer to have a shoulder bag, etc. etc. The other bags I have right now are all handheld, and that was getting to be annoying, but I think the Speedy is so special that I won't mind carrying it around all day! I know I'm probably over-analyzing a little too much, but isn't that what we're here for?? : )

10. speedy 30!!
    cute and classic and chic!!

11. i'm going to have to say speedy 30 - i totally love mine and yes its such a classic!!!

13. Speedy 30 for me. It made me fall in love with handheld bags too. If you're looking for a shoulder bag, get the BH instead cause you won't be happy with the Speedy then.

14. I have both (BH and Speedy), and I find the Speedy very convenient. It holds a ton, and even though it is handheld it's practical.

15. Agreed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice