Please Help Me Pick a 70cm Scarf?

Jan 28, 2017
I'm new to this! Very first H scarf and I'm having a hard time choosing between these three. Can anyone tell me what makes more desirable/popular than others?

I favor highly saturated colors and I love the strong solid border on the Bain de Mer. But I am confused if the sun bathing image seems a bit sillier (more casual?) than maybe the fully abstract one? Also not sure how I feel about having a sun bather hanging on my neck lol. I also love the Pegasus for all the great textures and nod to pop art.

Help!! How do I choose? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I want to wear as a short tie or tied neatly around the neck. That's why I want a 70 cm, if that helps. :smile:

My top choices are:

IMG_1487189673.169465.jpg
IMG_1487189682.109824.jpg
IMG_1487189691.907348.jpg

Hi,
I happen to have this CW of bain de mer and I like it a lot, it is a cheerful summer scarf and ties nicely. When tied it does not show the scantily clad lady much.
The other patterns just do not sing to me.
The most important thing about getting a scarf is that it makes you happy, not if others consider it desirable. And it should flatter your complexion. And always consider how it looks tied, this is more important than the pattern when flat. (This is why I LOVE seeing mod shots here)
Nothing beats trying them out before deciding on one. If there is a store close to you: Go there, if possible when there are not many people there, ask the SA to help you choose, many of them are good with colors. The really good ones hand you a scarf you would not have considered yourself but works like magic.
If visiting a sore is not an option (and you never know if they have the desired items), you still have the option to order online from H.com, try them on at home and send back the ones you do not like (very dangerous, I rarely send things back because once they are here, I do not want to let them go again).

Here is the bain the mer tied in ways you described, sorry for the mismatching shirt in the first one...
Hope I could help and welcome at the orange side!

bain de mer 2.jpg bain de mer 1.jpg

Don't think of what other people like, it never works. Fashions come and go, so head first for the design and cw that most attracts you. If you can try before you buy it will really help, esp since H.com never puts exactly the correct colours online, and if you do go, try to remember to either wear on top a colour that's a complete neutral for you or one that you wear a lot of the time.

Everything has to be right for every scarf. It's totally annoying to have to think about folding to hide away some small (or large) part, not being sure about the design or colour. If you're not totally in love with everything about it don't buy. I'm not saying I've never had to 'sleep on it' to make a decision or make a return (so far twice) but all in all I personally have to be in-love with a scarf to earn its place in my wardrobe.

In addition, your first should be one you will want to wear and wear, and with if all 3 scarves are absolutely equal to you I would agree with @cvw1004, the second will be most like having lots of scarves all-in-one which great if you don't have others/many. And no, the first isn't silly, 70s and 45 are a cute size, and cute designs look appropriate and very Hermes (who often use cartoons and playful themes).

I'm new to this! Very first H scarf and I'm having a hard time choosing between these three. Can anyone tell me what makes more desirable/popular than others?

I favor highly saturated colors and I love the strong solid border on the Bain de Mer. But I am confused if the sun bathing image seems a bit sillier (more casual?) than maybe the fully abstract one? Also not sure how I feel about having a sun bather hanging on my neck lol. I also love the Pegasus for all the great textures and nod to pop art.

Help!! How do I choose? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I want to wear as a short tie or tied neatly around the neck. That's why I want a 70 cm, if that helps. :smile:

My top choices are:

View attachment 3606657
View attachment 3606658
View attachment 3606659

I would go for Pegasus Pop , I love the Hermès pop scarves, they tie really well I think ,and add a cheeky vibe to an outfit .
Bain de mer is beautiful flat ,but I would be forever trying to tweak it to reveal an elusive lady, and the third one would give you lots of variety as has been said, plus it's a lovely colour.
Try and find some posts here of the last two modelled, mentally put your head above them and decide which you like then!

Reactions: cavalla
I love Pegasus pop as a design and own it in a different cw. I think it's a such fun scarf, really suits the smaller format. But that's just me. You need to decide what works for you, you skin tone and your wardrobe.

I'm another proud owner of Pegasus Pop! Ties really well and is a fun Hermes 70. Like others have said, it is important to go with the one that makes your heart flutter! Can't wait to see what you decide. Welcome to the Orange Side!

Hi,
I happen to have this CW of bain de mer and I like it a lot, it is a cheerful summer scarf and ties nicely. When tied it does not show the scantily clad lady much.
The other patterns just do not sing to me.
The most important thing about getting a scarf is that it makes you happy, not if others consider it desirable. And it should flatter your complexion. And always consider how it looks tied, this is more important than the pattern when flat. (This is why I LOVE seeing mod shots here)
Nothing beats trying them out before deciding on one. If there is a store close to you: Go there, if possible when there are not many people there, ask the SA to help you choose, many of them are good with colors. The really good ones hand you a scarf you would not have considered yourself but works like magic.
If visiting a sore is not an option (and you never know if they have the desired items), you still have the option to order online from H.com, try them on at home and send back the ones you do not like (very dangerous, I rarely send things back because once they are here, I do not want to let them go again).

Here is the bain the mer tied in ways you described, sorry for the mismatching shirt in the first one...
Hope I could help and welcome at the orange side!

View attachment 3606680 View attachment 3606681

Thank you so much for sharing! I love how it looks on you and is a serious contender bc I LOVE the water color element and thick contrast border in that gorgeous fuchsia.

I think your comment about working for your complexion is key. Thanks, again!