Please help me pack for my seattle trip!!

Mininana

Dino <3
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
I would love to hear ideas about what to take to Seattle for NYE. I'm only staying for 4 days, and plan on doing a carry on only.

So far my list includes

- miss sixty wool blend coat
- dress for NYE party
- burberry rain boots (would this be too weird?)
- Dolce vita motorcycle boots

and I don't know what else? Any ideas? TIA!!

Make sure to wear your wool coat and clunkiest boots onto the plane because they'll take up too much room in your carry on.

a backup dress
a couple blouses (give yourself multiple options for NYE)
a skirt or 2
blazer
cardigan
hoodie
sweater
favorite pair of jeans or pants
t-shirts
tights
black leggings
2 of your favorite scarves
shorts and shirts to wear at night
umbrella

I like to overpack so I can have options for every kind of situation. As long as it fits in the carryon you're set. :yes:

Thank u so much ladies!!!

another question. Would the wellies look weird in seattle? I don't want to look too OTT!!

scarves and a backup dress sound like an awesome idea!! Also, boots/wellies/one pair of heels

so definitely skinny jeans would work best. :smile:

Thank u so much ladies!!!

another question. Would the wellies look weird in seattle? I don't want to look too OTT!!

scarves and a backup dress sound like an awesome idea!! Also, boots/wellies/one pair of heels

so definitely skinny jeans would work best. :smile:

Seattle is very rainy (and rather dreary) so wellies don't sound OTT for me. Before you leave check the weather and plan accordingly. If it's rainy bring the wellies, if not I think it'll be ok to leave them at home.

Also, what do people normally wear during the day? Is it more relaxed like southern california or more like new york city? (wool coats, mostly black clothing...)

i would say it's more like Ca....but i would suggest a rain coat w/ hood. the pavements are always wet...so wear sturdy shoes. that's what they do there. ppl there normally don't use umbrella. i was in seattle for 2 years.

wellies is a good idea.

the weather was mostly just light drizzly...not actually rain. it gets dark pretty soon this time of the year, it's dark at around 4:30pm

Last edited:
Thank you so much juneping

I was thinking these rainboots

and either one of these boots (they would match my leather jacket nicely :P )

Attachments

• _5890108.jpg
    _5890108.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 256
  • dolce-vita-sassy-boot-black_E8AB1F89.jpg
    dolce-vita-sassy-boot-black_E8AB1F89.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 525
  • AAAAC19V000AAAAAAOJZGA.jpg
    AAAAC19V000AAAAAAOJZGA.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 257
  • JUICY-WO1275_V2-BIG.jpg
    JUICY-WO1275_V2-BIG.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 263
attachment.php

this is is quite unique...i like...
have you thought of hunter? i heard they are very comfy.

scarves I would love to take me a burberry scarf, as well as this one, and an ombre hot pink cashmere I got once (no name)

I'm also taking this bcbg dress as well as this cheap (but so pretty!! F21 dress) as options... planning on combining with the Lanvin for H&M chandelier necklace in pink :biggrin:

Attachments

• 987520-p-DETAILED.jpg
    987520-p-DETAILED.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 1411630077_LG.jpg
    1411630077_LG.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 242
  • 82189780-01.jpg
    82189780-01.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 258
attachment.php

this is is quite unique...i like...
have you thought of hunter? i heard they are very comfy.

Thank you!!! they were super cheap (Dolce Vita) but different from the regular black boot.. and I think they would give me a rocker chic vibe with the jacket!!!

I also like the short boots though.. I'm very short and small (5'2" ... )

Also, I did think of hunter but I have that burberry pair BRAND NEW because I never found a chance to wear them... :P

btw, all the photos I'm posting are of stuff that I already own :graucho:

I am from Vancouver which is just right across the border and our weather is very similar and I say definetely bring the burberrys, some thick socks and an umbrella....it's supposed to be a harsh winter around here so they will work for either snow or rain ;) Alot of people wear rain boots now (mostly hunters) so you will not look out of place at all!

Also some sweaters and skinny jeans and/or leggings would be good.

Thanks cbrooke and bagladyseattle! I'm so excited about going to this city... :smile:

I just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb and not be too casual, since it's a short trip I'd love to dress up and look good on all the days I'm staying.

Noted-

sweater, cardigan (cashmere and wool)
wool coat
leather jacket
wool socks (for the wellies)
regular socks for the boots (or booties still unsure about which to take)
black skinny jeans
dark blue jegging
black and nude tights (for dresses)
two dresses
nude peeptoe pumps (for NYE)
cashmere pashmina
wool scarf
wool/silk scarf (burberry) to match my wellies
tank tops (love to wear those under my stuff)
two silk tops (just in case)
one cute skirt (as Mia Bella suggested, I would like to have options for NYE)

I am taking NO casual clothing.. should I pack one or two abercrombie tshirt/shirt just in case as well? or "new york style" casual is fine?

thanks!! :heart:

Seattle is very rainy (and rather dreary) so wellies don't sound OTT for me. Before you leave check the weather and plan accordingly. If it's rainy bring the wellies, if not I think it'll be ok to leave them at home.

I agree with others..what your bringing so far is great!..throw in the scarf..a sweater, skinnies...maybe a cute hat...Seattle has some dressing up factors but its mostly casual when out and about in the weather...options are good:yes:
It can be very rainy(esp. in the winter), or just a little drizzle ...or you my hit it just right and it could be sunny**fingers crossed**...but a fun, gorgeous city nonetheless..I don't find it dreary at all(personally) and love to visit anytime of the year.:smile:
I think since we are used to a little rain that we overlook it a bit if its not too bad(I'm in Portland, OR)
Have a great time!!;)

Last edited: