Please help me make my decision!!

rosed

O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
hi guys, i have been wanting a black reissue in 227. Now i am contemplating between black metallic stripe (there's one on ebay right now) or black matte. Both have its pros and cons but i just can't make up my mind.
Please help!! :confused1:

For me, the black matte is more classic. The one with matte gold hardware is just TDF. Though I love metallic reissues, I'm just not too crazy about the stripe ones, sorry.

I think it's a matter of preference. I recommend the matte black because it's a true classic...I have one in the 226 & can picture myself with it 50 years from now. IMHO, I'm just not a fan of the metallic stripes....I think I'd grow tired of it in a few years. However, if you can't stop thinking about the metallic stripes, then you should go with it...stick with what makes you happy.

Personally, I'm not a fan of striped bags, which are more edgy and trendy in my opinion. I'd say go for the matte black in either gold or silver hardware for a more classic look.

wow, i didn't expect the responds to be this fast,thank you for responding to my question tho. it seems like black matte is a wiser choice as all my friends said the same thing too.
Black matte it is then! :yahoo:
once again, thank you! :biggrin: