PLease help me, limitation to buying

lvlvlvlvlv

Sep 8, 2007
Dear forumers,

My friend is going to paris and many ppl asked her to buy LV.. Is there a limitation how many pieces can we buy in paris boutique if we are from Singapore? Thank you very much!

I hope LV doesn't discriminate depending on where people are from - but it has been reported here that they are currently limiting how much anyone can buy because of a product shortage.

There is a limit per day and also they track your history and there is a limit for the year - there's a thread here somewhere about people who have been 'banned' by LV because they already bought a lot this year.

If I was your friend I would buy what I wanted myself first and then for closest family and friends - in case she eventually is stopped from buying anymore then at least she will have the most important items.

Also with the shortage the items she wants might not even be available.

I just came back from Italy last month and the LV stores in Rome limited me to only buying ONE item per passport. And one item means simply any item, big or small. One key pouch is also considered 1 item. I went there with so many things to buy but I could only buy two, with my hubby's and my passport.

Very disappointing, hope Paris doesnt have such limitation.

I was told 2 per person per day in Maui & Waikiki last month because of the shortage. They said it was 2 bags per day, but different countries may have different policies. I was able to purchase 1 on my card, my husband did 2 on his. Then the next day, we did 2 again on his card.
I know LV also don't share customer purchase history if you purchase when overseas, so I don't see how they could impose a ban for buying too much at a store in another country.

i think vivivuitton is right. My friend just came back from Paris last week. He said the limit is one item per passport per country.
Prolly LV is imposing this due to the shortage

i think vivivuitton is right. My friend just came back from Paris last week. He said the limit is one item per passport per country.
Prolly LV is imposing this due to the shortage

I'm not sure but could this also be a method of avoiding mischiefs..? I mean that I've understood that LV for example blacklists people who buy/try to buy more than one of the same item. I guess they would want to avoid re-selling of their bags in the receiving country and the limitation of one item per passport could be there also because of this reason (?).