Please help me identify the color of my Jypsiere

chantalie13

Jan 20, 2014
DH got me a Jypsiere at Paris CDG last week as a surprise gift. I'm new to H and have no idea what color it is. I checked every page in the Pink/Purple Color Family thread in the Reference Library and have three potential candidates: rosy, bois de rose, or crevette.

The bag has a dusty pink hue with some orange/brown undertone. It looks more red/pinkish during daylight and more orange/brown at night. It really is a chameleon color. I mostly suspect it to be rosy, based on the pictures I've seen on this forum. But since bailylab referred to her Jypsiere as bois de rose (http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-colors/purple-pink-color-family-pics-only-100919-27.html), I'm not sure if that could be the color. Also, crevette seems to be a good choice given the orange/peachy hue to the bag.

I guess I can go to the H store as a last resort, but I don't know anybody there and am afraid I'd look stupid for asking this question. I really hope somebody can help me on this. Thanks gals :smile:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 641
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    590.9 KB · Views: 638
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    564 KB · Views: 634
it looks like rose the to me. :smile: bois de rose would be darker hued and crevette would be lighter towards salmon or shrimp pink. if you look behind the strap for year stamp that would be helpful too. either way, it's very pretty and congrats!

Why don't you ask DH what is written on the receipt ?

Otherwise , If you could let us know the stamp, that would help a lot !

I don't think it's Rosy, neither Bois de Rose...

It could be Crevette , Rose The, or Flamingo.... Stamp will defintely help.

it looks like rose the to me. :smile: bois de rose would be darker hued and crevette would be lighter towards salmon or shrimp pink. if you look behind the strap for year stamp that would be helpful too. either way, it's very pretty and congrats!

Thank you very much, minismurf04! I will go home and check. To be honest, I didn't even know where to look for the year stamp until you mentioned it.

First of all congratulations with this beauty!!!

Do you happen to know what type of leather it is? I am certain it is not bois de rose. To me it looks like crevette. I have never seen crevette irl so I am not sure if it is. I hope one of the lovely ladies will be able to identify it for you.

It is clemence. That I'm pretty sure.

Half of the ladies here think it's rose the, and the half crevette. I will search for more rose the pics since I'm not familiar with the color at all.

Why don't you ask DH what is written on the receipt ?

Otherwise , If you could let us know the stamp, that would help a lot !

I don't think it's Rosy, neither Bois de Rose...

It could be Crevette , Rose The, or Flamingo.... Stamp will defintely help.

The funny thing is that I've actually seen the receipt and it only listed the leather type, which is clemence. I will go home and check the year stamp as suggested by another tPFer earlier.

Flamingo ?!

What a beautiful gift! Looks like crevette to me. Congratulations!

Congrats on your new bag. Don't own any H bags but lovely.

Agree, I think it's rose the!

rose thé

I was able to find this thread (http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/what-do-you-think-about-rosy-and-rose-861850.html) since some of you suggested rose the. And it seems like my bag looks very much like what the thread described as rose the. This is very helpful. Thank you everybody!