Please help me: I just got two chanel bag today,

Eve888

Oct 26, 2009
I bought two chanel bag from Neiman Marcus on on Sunday and I received today, but when i open the box I found something wrong with the bag. first at all, one bag(on the right)is smaller then the other one. second, the right one smell just like lether smell, but the other smell totally different, smell like the fake lether. third, the two side of the right bag are not straight line. also I found the right one is shiny then the other one.
Please help me, what's wrong with these two bags. thank you so much!

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
more pics of these two bags .

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 88
I bought two chanel bag from Neiman Marcus on on Sunday and I received today, but when i open the box I found something wrong with the bag. first at all, one bag(on the right)is smaller then the other one. second, the right one smell just like lether smell, but the other smell totally different, smell like the fake lether. third, the two side of the right bag are not straight line. also I found the right one is shiny then the other one.
Please help me, what's wrong with these two bags. thank you so much!

If it's from Neiman Marcus they are no way fakes. Why did you buy two of the same bag (just curious)? I think they look fine!

OP if you are worried, exchange it or post it in the Authenticate This thread. Also... is one navy and the other black?

And... before I forget, I had 2 Jumbos and one was slightly taller than the other.

^ ITA. Both look fine to me. Chanel bags are hand-made so no 2 bags are alike. I can't really tell from the pics but it looks like you have different caviar leathers (soft caviar, washed caviar, etc..) ---there's a different shine/texture to them. If you're not happy with these bags, then you should definitely return them or exchange for one that you can hand pick yourself. You should not worry about authenticity bc it's from NM.

is one black and the other navy? gosh, they look too similar...

anyhow, no 2 flaps are exactly alike! yes, there are less shinier regular caviars, slightly sagging ones, less flap asymmetry, quilts misalignment, and other imperfections. these are handmade bags so its merely natural that one will be different from the other...

only solution, inspect before buying. it might be flawed for you, but perfect for another. when i got my jumbo, i sifted thru like 4 or 5 bags til i got "MY" perfect 1! though if you can't be there to QC yourself, inform your SA of what you did NOT like... GL!

I havent looked at my tote closely - scared I find something wrong with it!! Am just loving having my first Chanel bag!!

The bags look fine to me and NM dont do fakes. Hope you get everything sorted out soon.

It looks like one has flat CCs and one rounded. Are they in fact same color/texture leather in teh first place? In any case can just be from two batches. B/c they look ok to me. I know one of my lambskin bags is that much smaller than the caviars and one caviar is definitely boxier than the other, which is a bit squishier (but still not "soft caviar"). And I love them all. Good luck figuring this out though--because if you don't like them, then that's what matters and you send them back.

Thank you for everyone's reply. I bought this in the NM store but they don't have and then they send to me. the two bag are the same size, same colour, one for my sister(she is in China). I sent them back to NM store and they don't have it, then I returned. I am going to NM in Miami to looking for the bag.

Last edited: