Please help me I don't know what to do? Handbag issues

PinkSuadeSoho

Princess Grace Ave
O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
I'm in total desperation you guys!:sos: Where should I post this? In the BV and Bal forums? Thank you

I bought a few Balenciaga bags from their website. I have had several changes of heart and keep canceling orders and going back and replacing with different colours/styles. I've done this 3 times now. I've never had a problem deciding what I want, and now I feel like I've been sucked into a Balenciaga Black Hole - so I ventured over to Bottega Veneta and found a charming bag there called the Dust Calf Shopper. http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1408474395222441&bmUID=1251157089182&ev19=1:2

Here is the link for Balenciaga above! I can't make up my mind on a Day, City, Part Time and their respective colours. I feel so lost and need some support and what you would do? This isn't a bad problem to have, but my only issue is that the Bottega Veneta will eventually go on sale, and I would hate to pay full price. Do I risk waiting and if they sell out then I never get the bag or pay full price now and feel bummed later that they marked it way down. Arghhh. I hope I'm making sense, in a hurry to fetch my kids. Please leave feedback! TIA everyone!:heart:

This will probably be moved somewhere else, maybe Handbags and Purses. Are you shopping more for price or a style/color you will use and love?

There's no guarantee that the BV will be available for end of season sale, but if you love that one best, that's the one I would get. If you only love it if you get it for a discount, then you should decide on a Bal. If that's what you decide, post in Bal for more opinions.

Thanks Boxermom. I'm not shopping price but more about leather quality and a bag that will have the best function / purpose for me. I am up in the air about all styles and colours for Bal bags. I don't want to bombard people since I do have a thread already open in Bal about what bag and colour I should buy?

Now it is a decision on weather I should forgo Bal altogether and buy the BV until I am more clear about what Bal I'll actually like the most. Such a hard decision.

I like some of the BV styles like their weaved hobos & totes, but not the one that you're eyeing. I'm not so into metallics & not fun of that style at all. I'd go for Balenciagas, but that's me.

I think as youve already bought and returned Bal bags 3 times, why not go for the BV. I prefer the weaved leather style myself and I think this one is more likely to go on sale as it is not the usual weaved style. I do like the colour though as I like metallics and the quality of BV is superb. So this bag will definitely hold up well. This bag looks roomy and seems lke it will hold alot and may fit your purpose more. Im not too familiar with the styles and how hardy the Bal bags are but as you havent been happy with the ones youve picked, I say try the BV. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for. Please let us know which bag you eventually decide to purchase.

I can relate somewhat except I don't make the purchase. Is there any way you can see both bags in person? I, too, am hunting for the bag of my dreams and am doing a lot of investigative work first ie. asking millions of questions but then I am going to make a trip into the city and see for myself which bag. I have never touched a Bal bag IRL. I have felt a BV. There is a price difference! A BV buyer is definitely someone with discreet means, who is not looking to make a loud statement but loves and appreciates fine things. A Bal person is someone who also can afford an upscale handbag, seeks the discretion of no logos but loves to kick up their outfit a few notches!

My best advice is to come visit NYC and make an exhaustive day of just bag shopping! Been there. Done that!!!! - Only way to buy a bag is to try it on and see how it feels and looks on. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

if you love the bv bag enough to buy it at full price, then that truly means you want it. if you're worried about price dropping and what not, then you don't truly love it (if you can afford it at full price that is). besides, having it go on sale doesnt mean that you'll be able to get one...there're tons of women that troll the web for bag bargains, so keep that in mind.

it also sounds like you're the type that can't make up your mind? there're lots of us on tpf, which is why we ask for help when choosing that bag, or dress or whatever. we can only suggest, but you're the one that's ultimately paying and wearing the bag. so if you can't make up your mind, just wait until there's a bag that you want, on the spot.