Please Help Me Hermes Lover

chanelno1

Live,laugh,and love.
Oct 22, 2010
I will have enough to buy my first H bag next year the only thing is can u plz tell me if every store has instock birkins or kelly bag?? I have no experience with the H store please give me advise i don't want to walk in with say 13k and their will be no purse in stock etc etc .... Also i am quite frighten to buy from ebay so the H store is my only options. I appreciate your help sorry I am such a noob at these things. plz help me with advice hugs n kisses.:P

It depends where you are located .... don't know if there is any H store in la-la-la land ;)

I understood that Japan stores had more birkins than in other countries ...

I can't speak to your locale but I never see birkins on the shelf in Tysons Corner, Va. I do see kellys and the other styles. Granted I don't go there every month, but I suspect it is one of THOSE places where one has to establish a rapport before mentioning the B word. I like the SAs and have certainly bought a stash of scarves and my kelly, which was sitting on the shelf waiting patiently for me.

You are quite fortunate to live in Hawaii. The Waikiki store often has Birkins on the shelves. I'm sure they have Kellys, too. I have heard the Ala Moana store also has good stock. I actually walked into the Waikiki store earlier this year and found my first Birkin. The next day, they had a different one out, although they told me the day before the one I bought was the only one they had. If you live close to either of these stores, it may be worth making several trips and watching/waiting for the bag you want. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

You are quite fortunate to live in Hawaii. The Waikiki store often has Birkins on the shelves. I'm sure they have Kellys, too. I have heard the Ala Moana store also has good stock. I actually walked into the Waikiki store earlier this year and found my first Birkin. The next day, they had a different one out, although they told me the day before the one I bought was the only one they had. If you live close to either of these stores, it may be worth making several trips and watching/waiting for the bag you want. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

You made my day I am so happy woohoo yay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
I am so happy that you wrote this im dancing hehehe . Have a nice week hugs.
And yes love I live 4 blocks away from Ala Moana mall :P . I def will check often
when I have enough money I am afraid to go now becuz I havent saved enuff
and am afraid I will see something I love but cannot buy so I will wait.

Chanelno1, definitely visit and just look at the displays. You can become more familiar with the leathers/colors/styles. The stores in Honolulu get enough tourist traffic that you can be relatively anonymous if you want for now. You are SO LUCKY to live that close to an Hermes store!!! I agree with hanyeu! Post some inventory updates if you can! We all enjoy them very much!!!

chanelno1,

I live in Hawaii!!! Earlier this year I bought my first Birkin from Ala Moana. Before that, I had only been in Hermes one other time: to find out more information on buying a Birkin. My husband made a bet with me last year that if I did not buy purse for an entire year, I could have a Birkin! I didn't know a lot, but I knew enough to want one. I know this is silly, but I was terrified when I entered Hermes for the first time. I was so intimidated but in awe of every finely crafted product all around me. A very nice SA named Dean came up to us. My husband did most of the talking and asked:

"Is there a waitlist?"
"Do we have to buy other Hermes products first before we can buy a Birkin?"

Dean said no to these questions, and said that they get Birkins everyday, and if you want it, you can buy it! He also said that he doesn't know what they will be getting each day. I tried on a 35 cm in Parchemin Epsom (spell?) that day.

In the mean time, I quietly lurked around tPF to learn more about Hermes and admired everyone else's lovely bags. I won the bet, so a year later, I went back to Hermes in Ala Moana just to see. I wasn't thinking I was going to buy one that day because 1) I wasn't ready, 2) I wasn't quite sure what I wanted even if I saw it, and 3) the store was closing in 15 minutes. A wonderful SA named Karen came up to me and showed me a 30 cm in Black Togo. My heart did a flip flop and my stomach tightened. There is no escaping the Birkin bug. I knew I was bringing that baby home. The size was perfect for my petite frame. I told Karen about my bet with my husband, and she was quite amused. She said a black Togo is perfect for the FIRST Birkin. I nearly died. I was just glad I didn't thow up at the store for dropping that much money on a single item. :biggrin:

I went back to Hermes Ala Moana last Sunday. It is almost Christmas afterall, and have been bitten very badly by Hermes. They didn't have Birkins on the shelf, but they did have 3 Kellys: a 25 cm Sellier in Gold Epsom, 28 cm Retourne, and a shoulder Kelly, both in orange. I didn't ask to see the last two so I don't know what kind of leathers. Once again, I spoke with a very nice SA. One of these days, I will check out the store in Waikiki.

Sorry this ran long, but best of luck chanelno1!

yes, and perhaps you can help us by updating our inventory thread regularly then! :graucho:

yes hun if and when I do go there I will post invertory and share I'm just afraid to go now as I dont have enuff yet and if I see a tdf purse and I cant buy it I will be depressed.. :P Have a nice weekend