Please help me find the perfect brown bag . . . .

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm looking for the perfect brown satchel or tote and am hoping the expert TPFers will weigh in with your fabulous ideas! I'm looking to keep the purchase around $300-$500 or so and in the contemporary designer range. I am looking for a leather bag and love soft, smooshy leathers. I'd prefer a darker brown (anywhere from whiskey to espresso, but camel's too light) and absolutely require a crossbody strap. I want the bag to be large to extra large. I'm favoring satchels more than totes at the moment, but I'm open to either.

So far I've considered...

• Junior Drake Maureen satchel in bark (the tassels kind of bug me--I'm looking for something a bit more sleek for work)
    • Hype Brandon satchel in army (too green and too small)
    • Botkier Jackie large satchel in brown (love it but no crossbody strap)
    • Be & D Bowery chain strap tote in brown
    • MbMJ Classic Q Francesca shopper (I don't think it comes in brown)
    • Z Spoke Zac Posen Polished satchel in tobacco

I'd love to hear your ideas for others! I've been on the hunt for awhile and thought I'd turn here for help. Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

2. I definitely recommend Kooba Hailey in Brown! Such a gorgeous brown shade, really smooshy leather and the strap is long enough for crossbody wear :smile:

Here's a pic of mine

[​IMG]

Edit: just read that you require the bag to be extra large so this may not be it but definitely look at Kooba for larger styles :smile:

3. Linea Pelle Dylan Zip tote if you can find one.

4. I adore my chocolate Mulberry Mabel, so I recommend this assuming that you would be ok with hunting down a pre-owned bag, as the style is now discontinued.

5. MBMJ classic huge hillier hobo!! I am eyeing this one myself. There is a color called dirty martini, might be too light but it comes in many other shades as well.

6. I don't know if these suit your style but cole haan has a few dark brown bags that are kid of duel bags they have handles and a crossbody strap.

this one is a woven espresso http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?sizeDescription=&catId=100&productId=428560&productGroup=428561&pwpHash=shop,pwp,c-100/f-10001+70018/t-HANDBAGS&scrX=0&scrY=578#

this is the same style but a pebbled chestnut brown so it's diffrent texture & color
    http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?sizeDescription=&catId=100&productId=428560&productGroup=428561&pwpHash=shop,pwp,c-100/f-10001+70018/t-HANDBAGS&scrX=0&scrY=578#

this one is nice too but might be too light color wise.
    http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?sizeDescription=&catId=100&productId=428716&productGroup=396602&pwpHash=shop,pwp,c-100/f-10001%2B70018/ipp-40/pn-1&scrX=0&scrY=1003 I tried this one on the other day in Moroccan blue and I can't stop thinking about it.

7. Thanks for all of the beautiful ideas! I like them all (esp the Mulberry--sadly out of my price range, though :shucks:)! I think I may get the MbMJ huge hillier hobo in dirty martini...I hadn't seen that color and had kind of written that one off because the taupe is too light and I didn't want bronze. Still open to other ideas, though--I'm going to scout prices for awhile, I think....

Edit: wait, just read two reviews about color transfer from the hillier hobo on nordstrom.com. Maybe I'll read up a little more before getting it...if they're still having that problem, I really don't want to deal with it.... Still looking for the perfect bag after all. :yes:

8. I have heard of a discoloration issue with the mbmj bags and posted a thread under Marc Jacobs on this to see if anyone is having the problem. Thanks for the note about the nordstrom reviews! Hopefully someone with a hillier can confirm if it is just certain colors? Fingers crossed!

9. If you're looking at MBMJ, check out the color fudge. It's a deep brown. Incredible color. I was eyeing it in the Shop Girl style.

10. Okay, so I couldn't find one that was perfect--I kept finding flaws with every bag I looked at. So instead I'm getting a custom one made by an amazing Etsy designer. So excited to see it when it gets here . . . I'll have to update the thread with pics.

11. I have found new hand bags, although it is not brown bags but it look good.

12. I highly recommend the Olivia Harris Trapezoid Satchel in Sunburn. I have one and love it to pieces. It's well within your price range, too!