Please help me! dye on my metallic mushroom lily

miss goose

Feb 25, 2014
Hi
Please can some one help me I wore my mulberry metallic mushroom lily yesterday with a new black top
When I got home I found black dye on the back of my bag ,
I don't know what to do
Please can some one give me some advice
Thanks xx

Hi
Please can some one help me I wore my mulberry metallic mushroom lily yesterday with a new black top
When I got home I found black dye on the back of my bag ,
I don't know what to do
Please can some one give me some advice
Thanks xx
Oh no, that's such a shame. I think if you try cleaning it you'll do more damage and ruin the finish, which would make it worse. I'd suggest contacting mulberry customer services for advice, but I think you might have to live with it. At least it's on the back where it's not visible.

Oh no, that's such a shame. I think if you try cleaning it you'll do more damage and ruin the finish, which would make it worse. I'd suggest contacting mulberry customer services for advice, but I think you might have to live with it. At least it's on the back where it's not visible.
Thanks for your reply, I'm so upset as there was no warning on the label of the top, it's also wrecked the strap on my iwatch , I've tried cleaning the watch but it won't come off, I will contact mulberry on Monday to see if they can suggest anything
Thanks x

I hope you get this sorted; I always hope Collonil spray will help with dark clothing but I suppose a certain amount of dye transfer is inevitable until the garment has been washed.
The Handbag Clinic may be able to help you, too.
Good luck! [emoji256] Keep us posted!

Hi
Thanks for your reply,
I had always been advised not to treat metallic mushroom with collonil so I hadn't protected it,
Much to my further horror this morning the top has also wrecked my metallic mushroom bracelet which with all the fuss I had forgotten I had worn it , I can't believe that the top had so much excess dye in it as I had the sleeves rolled up for most of the day ,
I have certainly learnt my lesson now in the most expensive way!!
I just hope mulberry may be able to advise something I can use if not I will contact the handbag clinic , I'm just bit worried as I know how delicate metallic mushroom is
Thanks again x

Hi
Thanks for your reply,
I had always been advised not to treat metallic mushroom with collonil so I hadn't protected it,
Much to my further horror this morning the top has also wrecked my metallic mushroom bracelet which with all the fuss I had forgotten I had worn it , I can't believe that the top had so much excess dye in it as I had the sleeves rolled up for most of the day ,
I have certainly learnt my lesson now in the most expensive way!!
I just hope mulberry may be able to advise something I can use if not I will contact the handbag clinic , I'm just bit worried as I know how delicate metallic mushroom is
Thanks again x

Bless you, miss goose! [emoji885] Of course, I'd forgotten that metallic bags, like the hair calf bags, shouldn't be treated with anything - I apologise for my oversight.
I can't believe how much damage you've incurred from one top: bag, watch and bracelet ... I really hope you get some joy from Mulberry/Handbag Clinic. [emoji256] As for your watch strap, I think you can purchase a replacement, but it's still costly. I really do feel for you! [emoji253]

Oh no I feel for you, how awful. Can you post a picture? I think everyone has given good advice, contact customer services if nothing can be done the Furniiture/Handbag Clinic should be able to restore it but it will be costly. I think the same goes for household insurance, the excess is mostly a few £100 and if you make a small claim your insurance goes up the following year and you'd have to declare the claim if getting other estimates.

Black is notorious for colour transfer, denim is the other. I've been very lucky and only got caught out with one bag, the small apricot Delrey in very delicate lambskin. I wore the bag cross body with an old black dress that had been washed many times. I think the heat compounded the problem, so dye transfer can happen even if the dress has been washed. I was lucky the stain came off with a leather wipe but even luckier there was a slight defect with the bag and Mulberry refunded my money :biggrin: I would never have been comfortable with the bag again, cross body I now realise doesn't work with a delicate bag as it rubs too much :frown:

What does the care card say about treatment & the leather? There is a Colonil for metallics but I don't think anything protects really against colour transfer. I sprayed my Delrey and it didn't stop it happening twice.

Reactions: 6efox and Mayfly285
Hi all
I would like to thank you all for taking the time to help and advise me,
I have sent pics to hand bag spa and am waiting to hear back
Also I have made a complaint to the supplier of the top and am waiting to hear back off them as there was no warning on any of the labels ,
I will keep you all posted as to what happens
Thanks again have a great Easter xx

Hi
Just a quick up date
I have been asked to send top , bag ,and watch to retailers head office along with receipts for them to take a. Look ,
So waiting to see what happens,
Had a quote of the handbag spa but very worried how it will look after being cleaned as the leather us so delicate x

Reactions: 6efox and Evia
Hi
Just a quick up date
I have been asked to send top , bag ,and watch to retailers head office along with receipts for them to take a. Look ,
So waiting to see what happens,
Had a quote of the handbag spa but very worried how it will look after being cleaned as the leather us so delicate x

That's good, I hope it turns out well for you. I too would be a bit nervous about sending it to be cleaned. Keep us posted

Hi
Just a update I received a email from Zara head office yesterday saying that they have taken my bag to their local mulberry store as they reckon There's no dye on the bag and they were told the bag has wear and tear but no mention of dye transfer, all I can say is they must be blind, granted its a funny leather with colour variation but there is blatanley dye on there , they have no written report from mulberry,
They have offered me a refund on the top and they will replace my iwatch strap and refund my postage cost,
I don't know what to do as I sent the pics to the handbag spa and they have sent me a quote for " dye transfer removal"
But Zara is saying there is none on there???
Anyone know what to do?
Thanks xx

Hi
Just a update I received a email from Zara head office yesterday saying that they have taken my bag to their local mulberry store as they reckon There's no dye on the bag and they were told the bag has wear and tear but no mention of dye transfer, all I can say is they must be blind, granted its a funny leather with colour variation but there is blatanley dye on there , they have no written report from mulberry,
They have offered me a refund on the top and they will replace my iwatch strap and refund my postage cost,
I don't know what to do as I sent the pics to the handbag spa and they have sent me a quote for " dye transfer removal"
But Zara is saying there is none on there???
Anyone know what to do?
Thanks xx

Oh no.....Can you ask them what Mulberry store they took it too and maybe give the store a call? By refunding you for the top and replacing the watch strap, it seems to me like they are agreeing that there was a problem with the top (?) I don't know much about consumer rights but that's how it would read to me.....or did they just say it was a gesture of goodwill?
I think I would get on the phone to mulberry and ask them in their experience if the MM leather can be cleaned or should it just be left. Same with the handbag spa/clinic. I get that the leather is delicate but it should still be fit for purpose and withstand a certain amount of daily wear. When Zara mentioned wear and tear did they refer to anything specific?
Good luck and keep us posted