Home & Garden Please help me decorate my apartment!

i lost all my pics today. will post again in a bit. man i missed their email today. will have to go check. my wall will NEVER look like theirs. just this killed me. lol

Hi, I'm new here, but finally think I have found a place to expand my mind as well as have fun. I am 55, have moved around, had 3 kids which are all grown and having kids of their own. OK, now about your home. [which you refer to as your apartment]. Please dont apoligize about clutter, I think it is the evidence of a creative mind. As to my own clutter, I know where ever bit of it is and what it is, and if it gets 'moved' I'm screwed.
Now about the rug issue. For years I lived in a house that had 1200 sq. feet of hardwood floors. [no more I have really downsized] I had rugs everywhere. Know what I did? I had summer and winter rugs. I would roll up the off season rugs and put them under the bed. Every spring I was so glad to see my bright rugs out. Just a thought.

If you want to brighten up your home for the summer consider throwing a springy, vintage, bedspread over your dark leather couch.

As to the light fixture over the table. How about making to totally disappear and use a few floor lamps. As to getting rid of books and anything else this is my 'rule of thumb' If I have not worn it in the last 3 years, I sell it or donate it to local charity. If I have not eaten out of it, cooked in it, bathed in it, hung it on my wall in the past 2 years it goes away to chairty. I have found out that hanging onto things, thinking my kids might 'need it' or want it... just does not work. They like their own things. Just like you do. I did find one secret that works well as to storage in a smaller home. I install shelves over the doorways. Put stuff up there I need but dont really have room for. All it takes is a couple of right angle brackets and a piece of 12" shelf board. Good luck.

Also, for my sanity, I can only focus on one room at a time! That way it ensures that it gets done! So maybe start with the living room? Or the hallway project first. Keep focused on just one project at a time.