Please help me decided between the Gucci Dionysus mini vs the mini top handle maramont

Which shall I go for ?

• Marmont mini too handle bag

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Mini Gucci Dionysus

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Zahzah

Aug 16, 2011
Hi everyone I am in a real dilemma now I want a mini shoulder/crossbody bag and I’m thinking of one of the these two but not sure what will last the time (what will not look trendy in a few years and will withstand wear)
Please help!
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 32A33DC2-B4BE-4EAB-BAFC-344613730885.png
    32A33DC2-B4BE-4EAB-BAFC-344613730885.png
    596.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 73D7E270-AEF7-4714-AF2C-3600BA9BD79D.png
    73D7E270-AEF7-4714-AF2C-3600BA9BD79D.png
    484.5 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: Raquelmerlo
I prefer the Dionysus. I know it’s popularity it’s almost over, but I think the fact that I still like it, shows it has more staying power. TBH though, I was never a huge marmont fan.

Reactions: cly_forever
Gucci just tends to be a trendy brand imo. Both styles seem trendy but I'd go for the marmont because it's got more pros to me. The Dionysus is heavy and the chain is more uncomfortable. The Marmont is lightweight with a more comfy chain, and the soft leather fits more as well!

Hi everyone I am in a real dilemma now I want a mini shoulder/crossbody bag and I’m thinking of one of the these two but not sure what will last the time (what will not look trendy in a few years and will withstand wear)
Please help!
Thanks in advance
Just some questions to consider:
Do you like leather or canvas?
Do you like silver or gold hardware?
Do you want trendy or elegant?
Do you need a top handle?

Reactions: cly_forever
Just some questions to consider:
Do you like leather or canvas?
Do you like silver or gold hardware?
Do you want trendy or elegant?
Do you need a top handle?

I don’t mind leather or canvas
I prefer gold hardware in general but for me it’s jot a deciding factor
I like elegance but I also like something that will not look dated in a few years
No I don’t need a top handle

I don’t mind leather or canvas
I prefer gold hardware in general but for me it’s jot a deciding factor
I like elegance but I also like something that will not look dated in a few years
No I don’t need a top handle
I am usually a Dionysus fan but I think this particular Marmont bag is very elegant. I like the top handle and the Rose colour looks sophisticated against the gold hardware. The Marmont will fit more inside too.

Please help!
Thanks in advance

Mini top handle gets my vote. I tried it on recently and was obsessed. I have the regular marmont flap in this color and it goes with everything - and matches the Valentino poudre color and jimmy choo blush suede color should you need matching shoes.

I would go with dionysus. Gucci, to me, is generally a trendy brand. I consider most of their items to be seasonal or good for 1-2 years. Well-designed and understated bags are least likely to fall out of fashion.

Dionysus features the GG canvas, something that Gucci is known for and has been doing for years. I was given a vintage Gucci bag years ago from my aunt's collection. She babied it and so do I. The GG canvas looks good as new still. GG canvas has also been in high demand as of late, thanks to the resale market. To ride this trend, Gucci brought back some vintage styles with the GG canvas, those bags are actually some of my favorites. Hardware detailing on dionysus is also "small." While the hardware itself is large, it's not loud. Because it's not obviously prominent, the buckle recedes into the bag's overall composition/style.

A little blurb before going into marmont: Leather that has quilted detailing is a fad. Large hardware is also a fad. Chanel does have quilted leather but cross-hatched quilting is iconic to the brand, hence why it's a classic to Chanel. Think about it this way, ten years ago, were quilted leather bags being largely produced, other than Chanel handbags? In the late 1990s to early 2000s large hardware and/or a lot of hardware was also in fashion. Many bags featured lots of hardware. When the economy went down, having money and flaunting it wasn't good. The trend went towards less is more, so less hardware and extra frills, and less obvious/prominent labels on the item itself. With the economy improving in most recent years, we've seen a rise in louder designs. Having money and flaunting it isn't a sin right now. There is demand for "bigger or more," from the ultra rich and younger audience. Gucci has been catering to the younger audience as of late, hence some of their more trendy and at times, obnoxious, designs.

So, marmont is trendy because it's a quilted bag with large and prominent (in your face) hardware. That heart on the back is definitely a fad. I have no experience with Gucci leather but marmont looks like smooth calfskin leather to me... I stay away from smooth calfskin like the plague, no matter the brand. I find that it easily scratches and if kept in not so ideal conditions, can crack. I baby my bags, but not to the level that smooth calfskin requires. Dionysus is more "classy" because it's understated all over. It doesn't follow a specific trend. It's just a bag that is designed and composed, in an artistic sense, well.

But if I were you, I would just go with the bag that makes me happy and fits my lifestyle, regardless if it's trendy or not.

Dionysus wears a little more carefree than the Marmont... but I LOVE the nude color of the Marmont. Best nude on the market right now, IMO - goes with EVERYTHING!

I have that same Dionysus, but w/ black suede & the nude Marmont Flap - I go for my Marmont wayyyyy more often than the Dionysus.... +1 Marmont!