Please help me decide!

rebpin

Jul 11, 2014
I cannot believe I am thinking of buying another LV bag again after I got my Noe only two weeks ago.

The new bag that I cannot stop thinking about is Pochette Metis. This bag looks so beautiful and chic.

If comparing with Speedy 30, which one should I go for?

Besides Noe, I own a Neverfull MM.

I would go with the PM if that style works for you ( I do not see a cross body in your collection)- it is a beautiful everyday bag and it is hard to get. You can always get Speedy up the road- LV will always make this icon.

In terms of QC, there are posts about stitches showing, peeling canvas, glazing issues but these problems can occur with any LV canvas bag. Just make sure you inspect before buying and make sure the bag is perfect.

Good luck deciding!

Really? Might I know what QC issues that PM has?
Crooked stitching, overly visible stitching when the bag is full, dents and warping in the canvas, the canvas peeling, misalignment of the hardware, issues with the glazing such as bubbling or peeling, faulty hardware such as the rear zipper pull just falling off, and sometimes a horrid chemical odor (though to be fair this has cropped up for several designs crafted from coated canvas). Like I said, this bag has some QC issues and seems to 'cursed' like the Speedy B design...granted some women have great success with theirs but the rate of dissatisfaction is unusually high.

Poor pochette Metis, it had many issues lately :crybaby: but it's still a really nice bag!
I got mine a long time ago and I was lucky enough to choose among 3 of them, I picked the best looking one and I haven't had any problems.

Check out the clubhouse and see what potential problems you may find, then go to the store and inspect the bag as much as you can.. If the bag has issues go for the Speedy but make sure you check that bag too. I think it's ok to be picky at the boutique to make sure you're happy with your purchase and to avoid returns. Happy shopping!

I had the pochette Metis twice, the first one while on vacation walking around cross body the strap was rubbing against the corner of the bag which cause the glazing to peel away from its edging. The second pm I owned I left in the car (it was warm out) and the front flap warped from the heat. The 2nd one was my fault but I feel like I've been cursed by this bag..it is a beauty though...I have the Noe like you just bought the same time and I have a damier ebene speedy b 25 and I love that bag to pieces!!! I will never part with her. She's perfect in every way, size, hand held, cross body and over the shoulder...can't ask for anything more! I think you should get a speedy it's classic and never goes out of style..GL with your decision