Please help me decide!

sminmin99

Jul 11, 2014
Hi TPFers! I’m considering which bag should I keep now. Hope to get some suggestions.

I really want to keep both but don’t have that much money to buy 2 bags now

I love caviar WOC w GHW because it’s more versatile and organized, it fits all my essentials perfectly and fits my lifestyles. It’s caviar so I don’t need to worry about scratches or rain. I could imagine me wearing it everyday. and this combo is really hard to find.

I love lamb mini w RHW because it’s so classic and beautiful, puffy and soft, it’s more puffy than the other sizes lamb bags in the boutique, and it’s a real bag not a wallet. I may not buy other sizes classic flap because they kept falling down my shoulder and mini size is perfect for me, so this bag is my final dream classic bag. And it’s sooooo hard to find!!! Just don’t want to give it up!

I’ve read so many threads about caviar vs lambskin, feels much better about it,( otherwise I’ll never buy it lol) but when I bought it, I saw another mini that SA holded for another costumer, there was a long scratch at the back, the price tag scratched the bag, so sensitive! ;(
Although I try to convince myself lambskin is durable but I am still afraid to take it out. I don’t like to switch bags( I always wear one bag for the whole year lol) but in NYC it’s raining a lot recently, I always forgot to check weather, even it’s raining I still wouldn’t want to switch bag… I can’t imagine me wearing it everyday, even take it to the party because I’m afraid of people accidentally spill some wine…I really want a bag that could last for years and grow old with me :heart::heart:

Sorry for such a long thread, I’ll post how I bought this 2 bags on the second post! It’s really hard!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406177791.742913.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406177800.645709.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406177818.382946.jpg

Last edited:
So here is the story between these 2 bags
The original reason for me to buy a small bag is because I'm in NYC for the summer, and a small bag is better to go in the crowds.
Then I decided to get a WOC, it's also a present for myself because I got my first intern in the United States. Then I realized how hard it is to find a classic caviar WOC
I've almost called everywhere in the United States for it , one day a SA showed me this lambskin black mini with RHW, I couldn't put my eyes off it! I suddenly changed my mind, I want a mini! I didn't get it because I was afraid of lambskin. I've been calling everywhere for a caviar mini but seems it's impossible to get. Meanwhile, I was reading through lots of threads in TPF about lamb vs caviar, seems it's much more durable than I thought especially for black lamb, so I decided when the store gets that black lamb mini again, I'll buy it.
Last weekend, I was walking on the 5th avenue, the SA called me and told me that the WOC has just arrived! I rushed in the store and bought it in 5 minutes, he knew that I was looking for the mini so he told me if they got mini he can exchange it for me.

Yesterday I was out for lunch near my company in soho, I stepped in to chanel boutique and saw the black lambskin mini with RHW was sitting there, they only have one that was not on hold, lunch break is too short and the SA said she couldn't hold it for me, I know it will be gone that day! I don't have time to think and the beauty is so puffy and lovely that I couldn’t say no! so I just bought it and told my SA I'll consider at home if I want to keep.

Really spent a long time looking for it :s

Last edited:
They are both so pretty! What a great problem you have there! It sounds like you might enjoy the versatility and durability of the woc better and be more comfortable using it. Plus, its is really lovely, you found a really shiny one and the ghw is beautiful.

They are both so pretty! What a great problem you have there! It sounds like you might enjoy the versatility and durability of the woc better and be more comfortable using it. Plus, its is really lovely, you found a really shiny one and the ghw is beautiful.

Thank you!
Yeah I'm sure I'll enjoy caviar WOC but if I return the lamb mini I'll think of it everyday!:buttercup::buttercup:
WOC is for use but mini is for dream:hbeat: maybe mini is also for use but I'm not sure about my ability to keep it nicely:heart:

I would pick the lamb mini. It looks better than the woc and it looks nice on you!

Thank you!
Yeah the lamb mini is such a beauty! my heart beat so fast when I saw it! The WOC is a beauty too but I know my heart was not beating so fast a that time lol;) But WOC is really a great everyday bag.
Uh I should start getting freelance work to earn money!!!

I love the lamb mini with rhw in my opinion. Its so unique and seasonal so you might not be able to get it later. Lamb is so luxurious and it is durable. I just got a WOC in lamb with shw and love it. I don't think I'll get anything in caviar again ;) but you have to think about what suits you more and what you'll get more use out of. The WOC is so useful and light plus its flatter and less bulky. I don't have the rectangle mini but would love one too. They both really have different uses. But also think of what your perfect bag might be since you're torn. Do you like silver hw more, maybe aged calf is better for you for durability. Have you looked at boy or reissue wocs?

What a delightful dilemma! I have lambskin WOC in black and I have to say that it lasts like forever. I use m mine all the time, even to the beach (Of course put it in the bigger canvas bag, when sitting in the sand). It's very durable. But if you know that you would be kinda obsessed with baby your bag and watch whole the time out if smth happens to the bag, scratches, stains etc, that could really destroy the pleasure of owning such a luxury product. That being said, I just love the look of caviar WOC on you. The bags underlines your youth and beauty and is definitely gonna keep the shape and structure for ages. If the possibility to get both purses is like zero (on the other hand, you could always spend money on both and live on oatmeal rest of the year) then get caviar WOC. Good luck deciding, again it's a enjoyful choice and you are really blessed to have this choice :smile:

Have you tried putting your things in the woc and playing with that awesome button closure (jk...i personally find that button closure really annoying...) It is most defntly easier to close the mini flap with the CC closure...
Both bags hold about the same.. mini holds a tad bit more.
mini for the win?