Please help me decide

Kenyanqn

O.G.
Jun 17, 2012
I purchased the swing Gucci tote in black not too long ago. A few days later I came across the celine mini luggage in black as well...I had been looking for this bag for a while.
Now I have both bags and while I love them both, I can't decide whether to keep them both in black since they are somewhat different, or switch one for another color.
I tend to do neutral colors... If that helps any.
I got rid of all my other black bags so these two are the only blacks I own, everything else is other colors. Help me decide please. Thx :smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402328894.642242.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1402328914.050141.jpg

I purchased the swing Gucci tote in black not too long ago. A few days later I came across the celine mini luggage in black as well...I had been looking for this bag for a while.
Now I have both bags and while I love them both, I can't decide whether to keep them both in black since they are somewhat different, or switch one for another color.
I got rid of all my other black bags so these two are the only blacks I own, everything else is other colors. Help me decide please. Thx :smile:
View attachment 2646071View attachment 2646072

I think both bags look stunning in black. If you have no other black bags, I would go with your first instinct and keep both in black. They are not very similar to one another, so it won't look like you're always wearing the same bag If you like neutrals and wear a lot of neutrals, black is a great choice!

View attachment 2646071View attachment 2646072

As they are both totes with wider side silhouettes and black leather, I think they are similar. I have heard from friends with the Celine luggage that it can be quite heavy to carry. If that is the case, you may not be able to use the Celine as often? I would fill it and carry it around the house a bit.

The Swing Tote comes in that beautiful grey with pink lining which would also be a great accent with neutrals if you want to explore another color.

I would only keep both blacks if you feel you'll use them for separate occasions- there will be something else that will capture your attention soon enough; (or if you got a great deal on one of them). I think the Swing Bag seems to be more current, while the Celine has been around several seasons.

As they are both totes with wider side silhouettes and black leather, I think they are similar. I have heard from friends with the Celine luggage that it can be quite heavy to carry. If that is the case, you may not be able to use the Celine as often? I would fill it and carry it around the house a bit.

The Swing Tote comes in that beautiful grey with pink lining which would also be a great accent with neutrals if you want to explore another color.

I would only keep both blacks if you feel you'll use them for separate occasions- there will be something else that will capture your attention soon enough; (or if you got a great deal on one of them). I think the Swing Bag seems to be more current, while the Celine has been around several seasons.

Thanks! I went to the nearest gucci store to see what other colors they had in the swing tote since I originally ordered online sight unseen. I did end up getting the grey with pink lining. I love the look and it's still neutral enough to go with a lot of my stuff.

I think both bags look stunning in black. If you have no other black bags, I would go with your first instinct and keep both in black. They are not very similar to one another, so it won't look like you're always wearing the same bag If you like neutrals and wear a lot of neutrals, black is a great choice!

Thanks for the input :smile:

Thanks! I went to the nearest gucci store to see what other colors they had in the swing tote since I originally ordered online sight unseen. I did end up getting the grey with pink lining. I love the look and it's still neutral enough to go with a lot of my stuff.

Great-that color is fabulous. Let us know how comfortable it is to carry. Congrats.

I have that exact Celine bag and it is heavy! I don't even put much inside except a wallet and sunglasses and keys but after a while it's a pain to carry around. If it's gonna be an everyday bag for you then the Celine is not a good choice. Although I don't know how the Gucci bag is since I don't have it.

I have that exact Celine bag and it is heavy! I don't even put much inside except a wallet and sunglasses and keys but after a while it's a pain to carry around. If it's gonna be an everyday bag for you then the Celine is not a good choice. Although I don't know how the Gucci bag is since I don't have it.

You're right! The celine is heavy just from handling it at home. So it probably won't be an every day bag. I decided to change the swing tote to the grey. Plus I have some dark LV bags as well so I have some different options.
The Gucci is light. To me it seems a bit lighter than the LV Neverful medium size and they are about the same size with the same width handles so that's a more practical every day bag.
Thx for the input!