Please help me decide...

Aug 20, 2011
So Im planning on making my next purchase.. I really wanted to get a artsy mm in mono! At the same time I really want a Sarah wallet in pomme.. So I was wondering, since there are always price increases should I just get the artsy since the price will just continue to get higher?? Or should I get a Sarah wallet and other slg's since the only slg I own is my amarante cles??? Ugh! If only I can have both! Lol. Please give me some advice.. I would love to know what you all think or would do if you were on the same boat.. TIA! ;)

MrsPPS

Happily Ever After
May 26, 2012
How funny, I'm having (almost) exactly the same dilemma in my head at the moment. Despite the fact that I have just taken delivery of my new Speedy on Friday, I am now, naturally, contemplating my next LV purchase (bit of saving to do either way first!). My choices are - Artsy Mono or Cosmetic & Key pouch in Pomme.

I think I am siding towards the Artsy... When it's broken down that the price of the SLGs is almost a quarter of the price of the Artsy (and would therefore make me 25% closer to being able to buy my Artsy!), it seems self-explanatory. Plus, although the SLGs are gorgeous, they're very rarely 'seen' whereas a handbag is on your arm all the time during use...

So, I guess my vote (and decision for myself!) would be to buy the Artsy. And perhaps wait until you have satisfied your handbag collection before you move on to SLG's.

Just my opinion. :smile:

Feb 14, 2012
I seem to always prioritize bags over SLGs. I just think you enjoy them more. So I focus on expanding my bag collection before adding practical things. I've also decided that pre-loved is a great option for wallets etc. you can save a lot, and often you don't even notice the difference.

Aug 20, 2011
Thank you all so much! I'm leaning more towards artsy as well.. And like you all said about the bags first until your content then onto slg's.. Im pretty content with my bags that's why I thought of getting a wallet.. It's just that the artsy is so gorgeous! Maybe after I have her I'll really be content! Maybe! :graucho:

Feb 8, 2012
So Im planning on making my next purchase.. I really wanted to get a artsy mm in mono! At the same time I really want a Sarah wallet in pomme.. So I was wondering, since there are always price increases should I just get the artsy since the price will just continue to get higher?? Or should I get a Sarah wallet and other slg's since the only slg I own is my amarante cles??? Ugh! If only I can have both! Lol. Please give me some advice.. I would love to know what you all think or would do if you were on the same boat.. TIA! ;)

Exactly...go for Artsy now! Some perspective...if the next price increase
(in the Fall? don't quote me on this...) follows a similar trend from April 2012
(3 - 4%) the Artsy MM will go from $1,670 to $1728 (I estimated a 3.5% increase) not a huge difference...but I'd be hesitant on spending in excess of $1,700 for Artsy. jmho :smile: