Please help me decide....

If you are confirmed to be getting the box birkin, then I would say sell the togo birkin. You DO look more fab with your current kelly than your birkin. But the kelly is a tolie? Not a leather one? I don't go for tolie myself, but if you do say that you won't use it as often, then I suggest you go searching for an all leather white one?

Oh... this is so hard, even though I have a box Birkin coming, the togo is so handy as an 'everyday' bag. I also like the fact that I have two togos with different hardware, so versatile.

hmmmm, maybe I should wait and get the white Kelly after I buy my must haves...

If you are confirmed to be getting the box birkin, then I would say sell the togo birkin. You DO look more fab with your current kelly than your birkin. But the kelly is a tolie? Not a leather one? I don't go for tolie myself, but if you do say that you won't use it as often, then I suggest you go searching for an all leather white one?

yes, it's a white leather/toile combo.

Rose, I think this is a decision that is best made on instinct and not with an attempt at logic; I would also point out you are clearly a person with great instincts who is also very logical. You have always given me great advice when I am in a quandary, and I doubt my judgment will be in the league with yours, but since you tossed out the question for comment, here goes: I think the two 30 black birkins are the bags with the most "redundancy". The box is the one you have wanted for a long time, so that would suggest the togo birkin should go. That said, its such a great, rare bag, you might regret it - plus, I am not a fan of white bags in this region either, so if I had to make this call (thank goodness I dont) I would hang on to everything including your special orders and pass on the white kelly.
Will be really interested to hear what you decide (and to see the kelly pictures if you decide to go ahead).

The Kelly just looks so perfect on you! But, if you plan on getting a Black Box Kelly, maybe that would be sufficient to replace the togo kelly?

The black box will be a 28 cm sellier where as this one is a 32 cm souple which even goes to the zoo with me.

Here are side by side pics of the kelly and Birkin:

attachment.php
attachment.php

OMG! The black kelly looks so elegant with this outfit!!! I want a Kelly now too! I like Birkin casual and Kelly for dressed up

Rose.......the Kelly is made for you. If you need to let go of anything, I'd say the Togo Birkin but I would also say that a white Kelly is risky business if you don't like dirt and bags that soil easily. I also understand that it discolors.......handles will be problematic at some point.

Since you have the 30cm coming in black box along with a sweet 28cm, I'd sell the Togo and save that money for something that strikes you in a color you will be more comfortable in rather than white. Perhaps it's Etoupe or Gris...perhaps something vert or rouge H (which would look so fantastic on you....)

I find that so many of these bags look fantastic on us that we have to be very, very careful which ones go home with us. If you think you won't use this bag very often for whatever reason, then that's a big red flag for me.

I've had a collection of bags that all looked good on me but that I didn't use as much as I felt I needed to in order to justify them. Slowly, I rebuilt my collection and now every bag has a solid place in my wardrobe (even my vintage Havanne Croc which has a very special place in my heart).......anyway, sorry to go on and on but this subject is very dear to my heart. The quest to find the right balance of bags that fit with our real life......

Rose, I think this is a decision that is best made on instinct and not with an attempt at logic; I would also point out you are clearly a person with great instincts who is also very logical. You have always given me great advice when I am in a quandary, and I doubt my judgment will be in the league with yours, but since you tossed out the question for comment, here goes: I think the two 30 black birkins are the bags with the most "redundancy". The box is the one you have wanted for a long time, so that would suggest the togo birkin should go. That said, its such a great, rare bag, you might regret it - plus, I am not a fan of white bags in this region either, so if I had to make this call (thank goodness I dont) I would hang on to everything including your special orders and pass on the white kelly.
Will be really interested to hear what you decide (and to see the kelly pictures if you decide to go ahead).

Well, as I stood in the store at the weekend, I very firmly said no, even though I really felt it was me. I just have too much going on ( with two on order) at the moment to commit to another bag without giving one up. (I turned down a graphite croc 30 cm Birkin yesterday!)

I would really like the white one without having to give up what I have , lol!

So, I guess the thing to do is to put the white Kelly on my list of bags to get in the future and not act on impulse and regret selling a bag that I currently own.

Rose, would you consider a black box/toile combination like the one LZ has/had (don't know if it's still there) for a lighter look? I don't know why, but I can't envision all white on you and white leather with natural toile personally scares me. I think you'd regret letting go of the togo Birkin. It's a wonderful tote, and even if you really are a Kelly girl, some days (esp. bad weather ones), the togo Birkin's function may be missed.

Very wise.......plus the Togo Kelly is your everyday, no-nonsense, take-it-to-the-zoo bag that can go anywhere without worry. I think once you get all your basics, you can branch out and walk a little on the wild side, Rose.

Rose.......the Kelly is made for you. If you need to let go of anything, I'd say the Togo Birkin but I would also say that a white Kelly is risky business if you don't like dirt and bags that soil easily. I also understand that it discolors.......handles will be problematic at some point.

Since you have the 30cm coming in black box along with a sweet 28cm, I'd sell the Togo and save that money for something that strikes you in a color you will be more comfortable in rather than white. Perhaps it's Etoupe or Gris...perhaps something vert or rouge H (which would look so fantastic on you....)

I find that so many of these bags look fantastic on us that we have to be very, very careful which ones go home with us. If you think you won't use this bag very often for whatever reason, then that's a big red flag for me.

I've had a collection of bags that all looked good on me but that I didn't use as much as I felt I needed to in order to justify them. Slowly, I rebuilt my collection and now every bag has a solid place in my wardrobe (even my vintage Havanne Croc which has a very special place in my heart).......anyway, sorry to go on and on but this subject is very dear to my heart. The quest to find the right balance of bags that fit with our real life......

I feel that all the bags I have at the moment have a 'place' in my life. They have been planned purchases. I guess it was just a bag 'crush', I'll get over the need to have it now, and perhaps get it in the future.

OH, good idea ORCHIDS! Is a combo Kelly something you could consider, Rose? I love mine and use it a lot during the warmer, sunny months.