Please help me decide

As advised, I would go in and look and see if it matches the colors that you gravitate towards and wear. I used to own a Kelly sellier in Ebene which I rehomed because I find that the color does not work for me. I mostly wear blacks, greys, pinks and blues so I'd personally pick the black even if a BF would so tempting.
You’re absolutely right! I think that’s a great strategy. BF is tempting bc of its rarity but it has to work with the wardrobe. Thanks again! :smile:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Ebene!
I think its more interesting than black but dark enough to look wonderful when worn with black clothes (IMO).
I have a bag (not Birkin) in Ebene and it looks equally good with denim and sleek all black tailoring.
and also its to my mind a very special offer.
I would love an offer like that!
Hi there! Thanks so much! And I just pictured being dressed in all black as you illustrated and pictured that Ebene bag and I think it would be a nice subtle
Pop! Classy and elegant. Again, I haven’t seen the bag in person yet but hoping I love it! Thanks so much for the great advice! :smile:

• Thanks
If you're MUST pick between the 2, i'd go with Ebene. If your heart is not singing from joy, hard pass. You need to love the bag, it's a piece of art and an investment. I am very picky with my collection when it comes to adding leather and color to it. Not to confuse you further but I would pick ANY DAY Barenia Fauve over Faubourg. Love my SAD in Barenia Fauve.

View attachment 5433496
You’re right. I have to love it and since I haven’t seen it in person, I’m totally unclear on what I’m going to do. My SA did say it was “GORGEOUS” and she also said she can get me a black 35 anytime so bc this one is so rare, I need to consider it. So we’ll see, I can be very picky, so I hope it is as gorgeous as she says it is. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

I don't think you can go wrong here.

The Ébène is an "off" neutral in a special leather and isn't an often seen combination. It will scratch a bit more easily than Togo but the scratches can be rubbed in. It also will look like it's been handled a bit quicker than Togo will, because it's tanned in a different way, but if you use these bags for travel either one will get a nice loved look. The color does work with almost anything.

The Noir Togo is just a classic forever bag, but certainly one that's more often seen. If you like a fully monochromatic black outfit, and/or have been a black bag person for most of your life, choose this one.

Try to get a look if you can!

Win win.
I love that it is rare especially the leather. Thanks for letting me know that it will appear more aged faster than a Togo bag would; I did not know that. Can’t wait to see it and will let you all know what I decide :smile: thanks again!

I have an ebene BF B in GHW but in a 30 instead of a 35 (see my avatar). You will definitely love this combo as much as I do - the smell and the feel to touch (different than togo)! Like you, I am also hoping for a smooth barenia B - one day! But in the meantime, congratulations, wear yours in good health, and photos please!
(WKN, your ebene BF 30B GHW is dreamy!)
Loveforbeauty,
Please post pics so we can share in your happiness!

I love that it is rare especially the leather. Thanks for letting me know that it will appear more aged faster than a Togo bag would; I did not know that. Can’t wait to see it and will let you all know what I decide :smile: thanks again!
I don't want to imply that BF ages worse than Togo...it's just different. It's meant to get a slight patina (not as much as smooth Barenia and not even as much as fauve BF) - kinda occupies a space between heritage saddle leather (smooth Barenia) and classic, hardy grained leather (Togo). Hope that makes sense!
FWIW I would probably take the Ébène especially for a travel bag vs. everyday wear. But I have a black B35 Togo and it's a forever classic so, again, you can't go wrong.
The Ébène BF is also not at all duplicative of smooth Fauve Barenia, which I hope you find someday...I love mine!

Show us what you decide! :flowers:

Reactions: loveforbeauty
I have an ebene BF B in GHW but in a 30 instead of a 35 (see my avatar). You will definitely love this combo as much as I do - the smell and the feel to touch (different than togo)! Like you, I am also hoping for a smooth barenia B - one day! But in the meantime, congratulations, wear yours in good health, and photos please!
That’s awesome! I saw your Avatar, she’s gorgeous! Thanks so much for letting me know! I hope one day we both get to have that gorgeous Fauve smooth Barenia bag! Thanks for writing and I will be back in here to show you all what I end up getting! Thanks again! :smile: