Please help me decide

I want to get either bolide 27 or halzan 31. Bolide is definitely very elegant and pretty. But I’m eyeing on halzan it has more capacity and I really like the pockets at the back, I can put phone and tickets in there. What would be your choice ?

I want to get either bolide 27 or halzan 31. Bolide is definitely very elegant and pretty. But I’m eyeing on halzan it has more capacity and I really like the pockets at the back, I can put phone and tickets in there. What would be your choice ?
I only recently got my first Hermès bag (Evelyne III 29 which I love), followed by the Halzan 31. Coincidentally, they are both in black Clemence with GHW. I also have a Bolide Mini but not the 27 so unfortunately I can’t compare those. However, I can say that I absolutely adore the Halzan for its versatility. It’s secure when you need it to be, it has the two pockets on the front and two on the back that are big enough to hold your phone, tickets, etc. It can be a tote, a shoulder bag, a clutch, it looks great carried in the crook of your arm ... The Bolide is beautiful, so classic but in using the mini I have to say I would love it more if it had a double zip. Maybe because it is so small. It is quite likely that the 27 would have a different feel. The Bolide’s dome shape will restrict how much you can add to it, whereas the Halzan can be more open if you need it to be. My vote would be for the Halzan, even if just for the fact that no other fashion house has anything that compares to it. Hope that helps a little bit. Good luck and have fun deciding!

I only recently got my first Hermès bag (Evelyne III 29 which I love), followed by the Halzan 31. Coincidentally, they are both in black Clemence with GHW. I also have a Bolide Mini but not the 27 so unfortunately I can’t compare those. However, I can say that I absolutely adore the Halzan for its versatility. It’s secure when you need it to be, it has the two pockets on the front and two on the back that are big enough to hold your phone, tickets, etc. It can be a tote, a shoulder bag, a clutch, it looks great carried in the crook of your arm ... The Bolide is beautiful, so classic but in using the mini I have to say I would love it more if it had a double zip. Maybe because it is so small. It is quite likely that the 27 would have a different feel. The Bolide’s dome shape will restrict how much you can add to it, whereas the Halzan can be more open if you need it to be. My vote would be for the Halzan, even if just for the fact that no other fashion house has anything that compares to it. Hope that helps a little bit. Good luck and have fun deciding!

Thank you. Actually I wanted to add another addition which I don’t need to baby my bag (don’t want anything with light colour cuz I just got a 8w Lindy.. I’m very afraid it will get dirty and it may not be a day to day bag for me). So I want another bag that is roomy and can be used in different occasions. I actually saw a everlyn 29 black silver hardware last night, I almost wanted to get it given the price point is quite low. Luckily I was able to resist and I can save the money for halzan. Initially, I thought Halzan was “ugly”, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I like the capacity and the four pockets.

Thank you. Actually I wanted to add another addition which I don’t need to baby my bag (don’t want anything with light colour cuz I just got a 8w Lindy.. I’m very afraid it will get dirty and it may not be a day to day bag for me). So I want another bag that is roomy and can be used in different occasions. I actually saw a everlyn 29 black silver hardware last night, I almost wanted to get it given the price point is quite low. Luckily I was able to resist and I can save the money for halzan. Initially, I thought Halzan was “ugly”, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I like the capacity and the four pockets.
I loved what the Halzan has to offer from the beginning but I am glad I didn’t get it way back then. It still was unlined initially and only available in PHW and I do prefer GHW. Looking forward to seeing what you get :coolio:

Reactions: Lejic
If you want to carry the bag crossbody, the Halzan won’t hold very much because it’s folded over. It carries a lot more when hand held and the top is open when hand held.

I have a Halzan 31 and while I love the bag, the interior capacity could be better. I need to carry my phone, wallet, key case, prescription sunglasses, pill case and various “extras” with me when I’m out of the house for the day and I was able to Tetris everything in the bag but it isn’t very fun getting in and out of it. I mostly carry it as a crossbody for reference. I have her resting now since I’m not leaving much (and she’s too good for a trip to the local grocery store!!!) but I love the versatility of the bag! I may switch back in now that I’m thinking about it since I have a Chanel appointment this weekend haha

anyway, since my chances of getting a B/K seem to dwindle every day as my SA hasn’t gotten back to me about another appointment weeks after emailing, I’m likely going to make a vintage Bolide 31 my next purchase. I love the 31 size, I’m tall and average built and its perfect on me. And I want an H from the year I was born! I actually bought one on Vestaire but it didn’t meet QC requirements, so I ended up canceling.

to sum up, I don’t think you could go wrong with either style! You can dress up or down depending on your outfit, so pick the one that makes you happier!

As @Eurogirl92 mentioned, the bolide is a similar shape to other fashion houses such as the Lv Alma. I never use my Alma as I find the shape difficult to get in and out of. I love the versatility of my Halzan 31 and it can carry a MacBook 12 when it’s used as a tote (just). I vote Halzan

Reactions: LuxVegas and CMilly
I’ve been using my Etoupe Halzan 31 for the past 1.5 years and it has remained as one of my go to bag together with my Lindy 26. I find it easy to use as I do not buckle up the handles when it’s folded and the fact that the straps can be adjusted to make it a crossbody or a shoulder bag makes it really versatile for me! I’m contemplating whether I should get a Bolide 31 (I saw one in Pale Bleu GHW!!!) even though I’m only 5’2 but if you need a vote, I will still vote for a Halzan 31! :smile:

I have both, but Bolide 31, and like them equally. What is your general style? I find Halzan much more casual, good for shoulder or crossbody, maybe handheld for a short time. Bolide for me is almost strictly hand carry (but always have strap for long days when handsfree moments are important).

My preference is for the Bolide, one of my favourite bags, but not sure I could scale down to a 27.

I considered the Halzan but against an Evie 29 just a year ago. For me, the Bolide is not so comparable because I see the Halzan as more casual than the Bolide (but still very smart).

Even so, one tne of the chief reasons why I chose against the Halzan was it's billed as a 5 ways bag, but I knew I'd only wear it one way, the hand-held handles bother me, they seem insubstantial. In comparison, the Bolide can be carried 2 ways (at least) proper rolled handles and proper strap (that can be switched too).

I toyed with the idea of buying a Halzan as my first H bag instead of a Jypsiere but decided against it because I felt it looked a bit odd as a hand-carry somehow not quite proportionately balanced so therefore I felt as a crossbody with decent capacity the Jypsiere was more practical.
I'd still quite like a Halzan but It would need to be a real steal on the pre-loved market to make me take the plunge.