please help me decide which canvas - monogram or damier ebene?

Fendilove

May 21, 2015
I was lucky enough to purchase the Pochette Felicie in both Monogram and Damier Ebene canvas after stalking them online religiously for the past few months. I'm in Toronto and it was so difficult to get one online -much less two. Now I am torn! I am just starting my collection and so far I have the Speedy 30B in DE print and cardholder in the Monogram print. I love both of them!! But I don't know which PF to keep - I am looking for a night out, take it to an event kind of small bag that I can also throw in larger bags. I also dress very casual - I am more of a jeans, tshirt everyday type of person. But I think both bags suit either causal or dressy.

Which one should I keep - it's been keeping me up at night and I can't find any pros or cons for either - and yes I have thought about keeping both, but it doesn't make any sense to do that (well I'm sure I can justify it in my head somehow - but I do want to add more pieces later). Can you guys help... have you ever been torn between two prints and how did you decide which one to keep and which to return?

TIA

If it were me, I would probably keep DE. I own mainly mono, but that's because most of the bags I do like only come in mono. When I see a bag I like in a different print or material, I'm more inclined to get the non-mono piece. Mono feels a little less sophisticated to me, like someone saying "LOOK, it's lv" Don't get me wrong, I have mono pieces that I love, but there is something lovely about the more discreet lv pieces. I pay more attention to the actual item, instead of the logo.

I agree with the others though that are suggesting you keep both, especially if you end up loving the style. I have a favorite mm in mono, and I wish I bought the others before they were discontinued. I rarely use my favorite these days as a standalone bag, but it makes a great slg for when I'm traveling. Buying PF is like buying a bag and wallet imo, and buying those separately is more expensive than a single PF.

Years ago I was obsessed with monogram, now I feel like de is a little more discreet than monogram and a little more dressy. I own monogram and honestly I would replace it for DE if I could. I no longer like LV initials everywhere lol maybe except for slg

Thank you everyone for your responses so far. It's nice to hear from those who have already been there, done that so to say. I'm sure most LV buyers have been in this predicament at one point or another. I never thought what print to keep would keep me awake at night :P

Reactions: MooMooVT