Please help me decide whether to keep this 2002 bag!

Should I keep bag or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • Sell

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters

Aspen02

Apr 30, 2014
Hello,
I have just returned from Paris where I purchased the 2002 bag in size 20 vert verone. I was originally looking for a kelly 25 or a constance 18 which they did not have in the George V store (I was unsuccessful in getting an appointment in FSH). The sales associate brought out this bag and I just loved the color so much! However, I am usually someone who plans and researches their bag purchases and this bag was not on my radar at all. After going back and forth for a while, I decided to purchase the bag. After I left, I started to feel a bit of regret - wondering if I made the right decision. I am now trying to decide if I should keep the bag or sell it and use it toward another bag on my wishlist - the chanel small boy or Celine box bag (both are much less expensive than this bag, especially the Celine). The chances of me finding a kelly or constance here in the US in my home store are practically none and I don't want to pay more on the resale market. I am not sure how much I could sell this bag for given it is a less recognizable H style, but would hope not to lose too much money since it was substantially less in Paris vs the US.

The other Hermes bags in my collection are a B30 in blue indigo and jige clutch in indigo with lizard trim, so I was excited about adding a pop of color to my collection. Other than Hermes, my most used bags are chanel reissue 225 and chanel mini flaps.

Things I love about the bag - the color is a beautiful rich green color. The bag feels so incredibly well made, the craftsmanship is amazing. It's comfortable to wear and feels pretty roomy inside. The strap is adjustable for crossbody or shoulder wear.

Things I'm unsure of - The bag is a different shape than I am used to and I'm not sure it suits me as much or if I'm just not used to it yet. It was very expensive and I'm feeling a little guilty for spending the money on a bag that wasn't on my wishlist.

Here are some pics of the bag along with some pics of me trying the chanel and Celine bags. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

IMG_1481.jpeg IMG_1483-1.jpeg IMG_1522-1.jpeg IMG_1478-1.jpeg IMG_1428-2.jpeg IMG_1444-2.jpeg

Well, it seems like you regret the purchase because it wasn’t a C18 or K25. The bag is lovely, but something tells me this bag will not be able to replace your wish for the C18 or K25.

If I were in your shoes, I would sell... it’s too expensive a bag to hold onto unless you absolutely adored it.

I think the 2002 looks great on you and the colour is gorgeous. I think it is a lovely addition to your existing collection. However, it is you who will be wearing the bag, whatever you choose will be the right decision for you in that moment. I appreciate how it is an expensive decision and fashion should be fun. You could choose to say it is a fun detour and you love the colour and give it a try, or stick with no regrets/doubts and release the bag. It is my favourite pic of you out of the three choices.
Good luck with your decision!

OP, don't know how recent your purchase is, but perhaps you can bring it to your H store
& possibly receive a store credit.
I don't know what the policy is now to return an item from Paris to the US (guessing that you live in US)
I would sooner think about a store credit than selling this bag at a loss.
Inventory should be more plentiful with the holidays approaching & perhaps another bag might catch your eye
I'd check with your local store.
Give yourself a chance to get used to the shape & color...it might work for you better than expected
Wishing you the "right" decision for yourself.

Hello,
I have just returned from Paris where I purchased the 2002 bag in size 20 vert verone. I was originally looking for a kelly 25 or a constance 18 which they did not have in the George V store (I was unsuccessful in getting an appointment in FSH). The sales associate brought out this bag and I just loved the color so much! However, I am usually someone who plans and researches their bag purchases and this bag was not on my radar at all. After going back and forth for a while, I decided to purchase the bag. After I left, I started to feel a bit of regret - wondering if I made the right decision. I am now trying to decide if I should keep the bag or sell it and use it toward another bag on my wishlist - the chanel small boy or Celine box bag (both are much less expensive than this bag, especially the Celine). The chances of me finding a kelly or constance here in the US in my home store are practically none and I don't want to pay more on the resale market. I am not sure how much I could sell this bag for given it is a less recognizable H style, but would hope not to lose too much money since it was substantially less in Paris vs the US.

The other Hermes bags in my collection are a B30 in blue indigo and jige clutch in indigo with lizard trim, so I was excited about adding a pop of color to my collection. Other than Hermes, my most used bags are chanel reissue 225 and chanel mini flaps.

Things I love about the bag - the color is a beautiful rich green color. The bag feels so incredibly well made, the craftsmanship is amazing. It's comfortable to wear and feels pretty roomy inside. The strap is adjustable for crossbody or shoulder wear.

Things I'm unsure of - The bag is a different shape than I am used to and I'm not sure it suits me as much or if I'm just not used to it yet. It was very expensive and I'm feeling a little guilty for spending the money on a bag that wasn't on my wishlist.

Here are some pics of the bag along with some pics of me trying the chanel and Celine bags. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

View attachment 4594118 View attachment 4594119 View attachment 4594120 View attachment 4594121 View attachment 4594122 View attachment 4594123

The 2002 is easily the best bag out of the 3 on you, looks the most modern and fits your frame

I personally prefer it to the others you are considering. If you sell I would not buy either of the ones pictured. Maybe wait for the kelly or Constance.

My personal experience is the Celine bags is they wear terribly. I would never buy one again. It was a total waste and no after sales service. I had to throw it out. Could not be refurbished or resold.

I also think you should see if you can get used to & love it, I think it's a lovely bag and that color is fabulous.

That being said, I don't think you should keep a bag unless you love it. If you need convincing to do that, then you don't. It sounds to me that you got caught up with the idea of buying something in France because it's cheaper and that you somehow miss out if you didn't. That's never a good reason to buy a bag. Get only what you truly desire/use.

Good luck on your decision...

I personally prefer it to the others you are considering. If you sell I would not buy either of the ones pictured. Maybe wait for the kelly or Constance.

My personal experience is the Celine bags is they wear terribly. I would never buy one again. It was a total waste and no after sales service. I had to throw it out. Could not be refurbished or resold.

This! never again Celine. Having said that, the bag you are considering is not my personal choice either. I would probably choose none of these - however, Hermes quality trumps all, so I would always give preference to H bags

Keep it. Here’s the thing, you made a decision when you bought it, and it was a fine one, so move on. Enjoy it and enjoy your life. Revisiting decisions is a waste of time and mental and emotional energy. The time that you have already spent re-thinking this, the time you would spend swirling around in circles looking for a buyer you can spend doing way more productive and fun things, and the money you will lose is not worth it. And what do you gain?

It drives me crazy that we do this to ourselves. Life isn’t lived backwards. Make a choice, move forward, enjoy the adventure. You can second-guess every decision and ruin every experience for yourself wondering if you made THE most flawlessly perfect optimal decision, or you can make the best decision presented to you at the time, which you did, and then go forward and have fun. You went to Paris and bought a gorgeous Hermes bag. It’s chic, under the radar and the highest quality. How could that be a mistake? Much more special (IMO) than the other two. Have a happy memory. Use it, enjoy it. See where it takes you. When a Kelly or Constance becomes available someday, great! You can buy one when the time comes. :smile:

Last edited: