Please help me decide!!! SL college bag

mdlchic77

May 19, 2013
Hi everyone! I am absolutely in love with the college bag! The problem is I love it in black, dark beige, and the anthracite. I can’t make up my mind, keep going back and forth! I was set on the black/RHW but then I saw a few post with ladies here who have the grey and beige. Now I’m undecided AGAIN lol. Which would you choose and why? Do you think the beige could possibly be a color transfer issue?

I have no knowledge about color transfer on beige, but am sure there are several comments on the wear of beige YSL leather if you do a search. As for black or anthracite, it’s really a personal preference. Consider what’s in your wardrobe and what would coordinate better. For some reason, I’ve never been a fan of black bags but they do look better with formal and workwear.

I did see a black college bag on someone recently, and she looked fabulous!

I have no knowledge about color transfer on beige, but am sure there are several comments on the wear of beige YSL leather if you do a search. As for black or anthracite, it’s really a personal preference. Consider what’s in your wardrobe and what would coordinate better. For some reason, I’ve never been a fan of black bags but they do look better with formal and workwear.

I did see a black college bag on someone recently, and she looked fabulous!

Thanks so much! I will definitely do that search, I wear a lot of black denim so the beige is probably not a good idea lol

After months of wanting and wishing, I took the plunge today on a medium black college. I am in LOVE. Neimans had a beige one on sale for $500 off!! I was seriously torn between the two. But the beige one had some serious wear on the corner flaps and the leather looked worn. It basically looked a year old. Now, maybe that’s why it was on sale. Maybe it was a customer return and that is not typical. But my impression was that every flaw shows on the lighter color. The black looked flawless (as it should brand new). Just my two cents. And the beige did look like color transfer could be an issue if that will bother you. Now between black and anthro, I can’t say. They are both great. Buy what will work with more of your wardrobe :smile:. You can’t go wrong!

Reactions: foxgal
After months of wanting and wishing, I took the plunge today on a medium black college. I am in LOVE. Neimans had a beige one on sale for $500 off!! I was seriously torn between the two. But the beige one had some serious wear on the corner flaps and the leather looked worn. It basically looked a year old. Now, maybe that’s why it was on sale. Maybe it was a customer return and that is not typical. But my impression was that every flaw shows on the lighter color. The black looked flawless (as it should brand new). Just my two cents. And the beige did look like color transfer could be an issue if that will bother you. Now between black and anthro, I can’t say. They are both great. Buy what will work with more of your wardrobe :smile:. You can’t go wrong!
Congratulations on your new college bag! I’m so happy for you, and thank you for your thoughts on the beige one , everything you mentioned is what I fear! I think I’m pretty set on getting black now which is the reason why I fell in love with this bag in the first place lol.

Congratulations on your new college bag! I’m so happy for you, and thank you for your thoughts on the beige one , everything you mentioned is what I fear! I think I’m pretty set on getting black now which is the reason why I fell in love with this bag in the first place lol.
I would only get the beige if you already have several dark coloured bags in your collection. The black will be timeless and easy to maintain. The grey is the perfect in between if you find black too boring and beige too risky.