Please help me decide - Sellier K28 in Noir (GHW)

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
Hi all,

I have been bugging my SA for a B30. I also had a K25/28 as a second wish. While I am more of a Kelly girl (I usually despise bags with no shoulder straps), I was asking for the Birkin because I don't have one. I have a Courcheval Gold Sellier K32 with GHW (vintage). I'm at a "high demand, low stock" boutique and have just been offered an Epsom Sellier K28 in noir, GHW. This is definitely a wishlist bag for me, but a bit lower on the list since I already have a Kelly. I think, however, that this is a no-brainer since it's such a gorgeous classic and always in demand. My SA said that I could pass and wait to see what comes in next month, but there's obviously no guarantee that anything good will show up (particularly because of the aforementioned "high demand, low stock" situation and COVID). If nothing turns up in December, then we're into the next calendar year (and we're limited to one quota bag per calendar year here).

Just wanted to seek second opinions since I have very few people IRL who care about these types of dilemmas :smile:

Reactions: Bereal and debykf
Thanks all! It was love at first sight, so I've come home with it (though husband still thinks I should have held out for a B... next year!). It was too much of a classic to pass up. I recognize @Suncatcher and @CMilly from the H in Toronto thread so I will happily join the group of Toronto gals with this beauty!

@Purrrple yes, the competition here is stiff :sad: it's basically one quota bag per year (and that it includes Constance) for most of us. Like anywhere else, there are exceptions for truly long term clients.

Thanks all! It was love at first sight, so I've come home with it (though husband still thinks I should have held out for a B... next year!). It was too much of a classic to pass up. I recognize @Suncatcher and @CMilly from the H in Toronto thread so I will happily join the group of Toronto gals with this beauty!

@Purrrple yes, the competition here is stiff :sad: it's basically one quota bag per year (and that it includes Constance) for most of us. Like anywhere else, there are exceptions for truly long term clients.
Congratulations and yes it’s tough here to get bags especially if one is not the rare exception. but I like to think it helps me be mindful of what I really want. Enjoy your bag in good health!

Congrats! There is always another time to get a birkin. Something to look forward to in 2021.

Glad you took this home !
I too am in a " high demand , low stock" store ( Canada as well ) I understand the struggle :smile:
Congratulations ! Wear it in health

Thank you! I know... I've been spoiled by the relatively high level of availability at Chanel (although I've relied on my wonderful SA to help me hunt down the *really* hard to get ready-to-wear pieces). It's definitely a bit of a bummer that you can only get one a year but at least it forces you to choose wisely. I feel like I will be able to get more wear out of a shoulder bag right now (vs. a hand carry). Next bag will definitely be a Birkin :smile:

Thank you! I know... I've been spoiled by the relatively high level of availability at Chanel (although I've relied on my wonderful SA to help me hunt down the *really* hard to get ready-to-wear pieces). It's definitely a bit of a bummer that you can only get one a year but at least it forces you to choose wisely. I feel like I will be able to get more wear out of a shoulder bag right now (vs. a hand carry). Next bag will definitely be a Birkin :smile:
Congrats! ‘Next year’ is only six weeks away!