Please help me decide! Poppy hobo 14561 or 14570

hillucla

Dec 18, 2006
This past Friday I purchased the poppy hobo 14561 in brass/chalk leather from the FP store using my PCE. I then made the mistake of going into Macy's and found something else I like! The poppy hobo 14570 in silver/lt khaki/chalk signature fabric. It was not on sale but the SA offered to do a presale for the VIP event they have coming up on Wed and she rang me up at 20% off and the bag is on hold and I can go pick it up on Wed. That made the two bags very close in price - so that is not an issue.

My biggests pros/cons are:
#1 - I've never had a light colored bag. Does fabric or leather get dirtier quicker? Should I be worried about color transfer from jeans etc?
#2 - I really am a silver hardware girl at heart but I 'think' I like the white leather better than the light colored fabric. What are folks thoughts on the white leather with the brass?
#3 - I want this to be my everyday summer bag, I dont change out my bags that often. So would the leather or fabric hold up better in that case?

Oh and sorry - I'm new at posting and don't know how to copy and paste in pictures from the web site, otherwise I would so everyone could see what I am talking about.
- TIA!

HI. i was in the same predicament as you!! with the same colors in mind.

i went ahead and got the one from macys. just because i simply got that one cheaper than the one from the FP.

although i do think the brass/chalk one is way prettier.

I got the black one from a FP store with PCE last Friday and I was deciding between the white vs black one to use for my camera bag. The SA gave me the pros and cons of both and in the end I settled with the black one (even though I like the white one more) but she said the color of your jeans can easily transfer to the white one especially if you like to wear it across your body rather than on the arm.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the signature fabric so I'd stick with the white leather one =].

I am a siggy freak (lol) and none of my siggy look even used much less dirty. I take care of them by not putting them on floors coutners etc. plus I spray with Apple prior to using. I say get the siggy one:P

I am a siggy freak (lol) and none of my siggy look even used much less dirty. I take care of them by not putting them on floors coutners etc. plus I spray with Apple prior to using. I say get the siggy one:P

Thank you for your input. So with the siggy you do not notice any dye transfer from your jeans or anything? That is my biggest worry. And if I decide to keep the siggy I will for sure order the Apple spray. I already have the Apple leather conditioner and I love it!