Please help me decide on style for diamond studs

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’ve already got a pair of dainty round brilliant studs in 0.5 ctw in a three prong martini setting, but am now craving another pair of larger studs for when I want slightly more bling. For this pair, I’m considering either a 1.5 or 2 ctw - thoughts on which size is subtle enough for everyday wear but still noticeable? Also since I’ve always loved antique cuts, I was wondering maybe I should go that route for this pair, but was also thinking that the type of cut might not super noticeable on the ears. If I did go with antique cuts, I would be considering an eight claw prong setting with antique cushions or the standard martini three prong with old European cuts (pics of some examples I found online attached). Would love any thoughts to help me decide! Thank you :smile:

CF375B11-7E62-4749-B4C7-915349CC6D4F.jpeg D91ECD03-BB7D-43AF-AD87-7A0D391A1F0B.jpeg CA7E3A59-9BD7-4D78-B5D6-656E9D101450.jpeg

2. I wear RB 2cttw in martinis every day! I'm petite and they're not overwhelming at all. Substantial enough to wear for dressy occasions and not so large I can't wear everyday with jeans.

FunBagz likes this.
  3. Same as @Swanky . My studs are MRB diamonds in three prong martinis, just under 2ctw (about 6.25 mm each...check diameter over carat weight). I am petite with long hair worn down most of the time and I think they are perfect for every day wear. Of course, 1.5ctw would still be a substantial size increase and I think anything between 1.5ctw and 2ctw (or even 2.5ctw) would be a great size. As much as I admire antique cuts, I think their charm is lost in studs and prefer MRB for studs. But if you decide to go that route, I really like the 8 prong setting pictured above (round over cushion). GL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice