Please help me decide on a Pomme D' Amour bag for Mom's 54th Birthday

Please help me decide on a Pomme D'Amour bag for Mom's 54th Birthday :)

• Wilshire Boulevard

• Bellevue PM

Results are only viewable after voting.

LVKeepallfan

Apr 8, 2008
Hello Ladies and Gents. My mom will be turning 54 years young on Tuesday 2/2/10 and I would like to get her a Pomme D' Amour bag to add color to her bag collection. Right now, she has Speedy 25 in Azur, NF GM, and a Keepall 55. I currently have two Pomme bags on hold which are:

Wishire Blvd. - she LVOES it for it's simplicity and clean boxy shape.

Bellevue PM - she LVOES the shape and the contrast of Vernis against vachetta.

Mom normally carries a checkbook wallet, cellphone, 2 small bottles of medicine, a small pack of crackers (she's diabetic), and a pen.

She has no idea I will be getting for her. I'm so torn because mom never returns/exchanges anything I give her so I have to make the right decision. Please help and could you also please tell me why you voted for the bag you voted. Thank you ladies and gents in advance :smile:

I agree with Designing Style and her taste is always impecable! I'm 52. To me the Wilshire is too open. What about an Alma though? Gorgeous style for a mom. Out of your choices though I agree on the Bellevue.

The Wilshire is adorable and fun but not very practical. I am not a fan of the angles of Bellevue PM but if she likes the shape - then it will be a great bag for her.

Have you thought about the new mini alma in vernis? It comes with a really long shoulder strap so you can wear it over your shoulder and it sits right at your hip when you wear it. I really love that bag. . . I have been thinking about it all day.

It's neck and neck so far. Any negative experiences on either one of the bags?

I have the Wilshire in Rose Pop - the color drew me to it more than the actual style of the bag. I NEVER USE IT! It might be because I am not the satchel type or because the closure does not completely close the bag and that makes me nervous. The Wilshire is a beautiful bag but it does not fit my life.

Take a look at the bag your mother uses the most and choose the bag most similiar to it.

the bellevue seems more practical, more spacious, can carry on shoulder. charleston-mom's idea of the alma sounds perfect! the bellevue is a great choice of the two bags:smile: good luck, it's very nice to get your mom a louis.

another vote for bellevue=)
i don't like the box-ness of the wilshire. the way its just open on top reminds me of a child's first tote when she's playing dress up. the only advantage to the wilshire may be that it has no vachetta.