Please help me decide - Coffer or Harlequin?

BabyK

O.G.
May 16, 2006
I'm usually over at the Bal forum, but I've been itching for something different. I always admired the Coffer but was never able to find a color that was "fun". And yesterday when I came over here and saw some threads on the Harlequin, I totally fell in love:heart:. Unfortunately, I can only get ONE bag (I'm suppose to be on a ban:shame:smile:. Do I pick the one I've been admiring or the one I just fell in love with:confused1:? Which one would guys choose? Which is heavier? Is the large Coffer really that large? Which is more practical? Anyone own both? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks! Sorry for all the Q's!

Miu2 is awesome. I have a Coffer which is amazing, and I've been drooling over the Harlequin. Answering your question would be like answering which arm I'd rather have sawed off...I'm no help. Good luck!

Miu2 is great! I got hooked on the coffer because of her and her blue harlequin was the inspiration of the one on my wish list.

To the OP: Have you found a 'fun' color on the coffer? Because if your funds are available now and you can get a hold of the harlequin, I would suggest getting it. Unlike the coffer, the harlequin is a seasonal design and I don't know how long Miu Miu will be making it. A coffer OTOH is a staple design so if you're not attached to a particular seasonal color, then I think you can go for the harlequin first, as the coffer, I believe, will be around for quite a while.

However, if deciding on personal preferences, I would pick the coffer. Only because it's a design that I could wear for years whereas the harlequin may look dated after a while. Don't get me wrong... I love the harlequin (it's on my wish list) but i think it's something of a 'now' bag.

But wait for Miu2... since she has both bags, she would be able to give you better insight.

Good luck!

purseinsanity, hahaha, so you know how I feel!

marose, you definitely made some good points. I found a very pretty deep blush color Coffer on NM, but within 15 min after I posted fhis thread, it was gone:crybaby:.

(btw is this patent or is it just the picture?)

I had put it in my cart, entered my information and free shipping promo code but then I started thinking about the Harlequin and how hot that bag is... so I didn't click purchase now. I stopped and came here looking for inputs. So now that the Coffer is gone (still gone, I checked 5x), maybe I should just get the Harlequin then. But like you said, although it's a lovely bag, it will eventually look dated. It's so different and unique though. What to do?!

Thanks everyone for your inputs! Really appreciate it:flowers:

I have the Coffer in that color and love it! I also had the Harlequin. Although I liked the Harlequin alot I thought the Coffer would go with a bit more so kept it.
cof3.jpg

i am currently debating against a harlequin/vitello lux satchel since i cant get both:hysteric:
to answer your question, the coffer seems very common, there are more fake coffers, and if you want something more special, the harlequin is better...however if you want to purchase a 'long-time' bag then probably the coffer...
(seems i couldn't answer your question:Push: since i'm in a similar dilemma myself)

a few months back while i was walking by miu miu (on my way to LV), i saw the harlequin on display in the window and it definitely caught my attention!! i browsed through LV and nothing caught my eye. all i could think about was the harlequin bag!!! so i made my way back to miu miu only to find that the store just closed for the evening :sad:. so being the obsessive person that i am, i HAD to find more information and pictures on the harlequin!! and that's when i came across tPF!! and i'm so glad i did, because it definitely opened up my eyes to other brands. and then i came across miu2's post with all her coffers :drool:. it was settled...i had to go back the next day to buy my first miu miu bag! so when i went back to miu miu, i came across the deep blush coffer and it was love at first sight. i decided on buying the coffer instead since i felt it was more of a classic bag...one that would stand the test of time...and it would be easier to match with my outfits. i feel that the harlequin is more of a trendy bag...one that i might not use after a while. i think that the coffer was the perfect starter bag for my miu miu collection!

Shockey, that is one pretty Coffer!! I love it! That's the color I was eyeing.

Thanks teddyraph, pineapples, kaykayyy and Correct for you inputs! I appreciate it! I wish I can just get both :cloud9:, but to do so I would have to sell something from my collection. Well I might not even have a choice since I can't find a Coffer in Deep blush now. I might wait for it since most of you said the Coffer would be a better choice since it's not as trendy as the Harlequin, but the Harlequin is just :girlsigh:. Will let you guys know what I decide. Thanks again!!!

I was in the same dilemma earlier this year. I had been saving for the Coffer and then the Harlequins came out and I was in love. I decided to go for the Coffer because its a classic style that I've wanted forever. The Harlequins are so different, too, that I was afraid they would be more trendy if that makes sense. Go for the coffer and you won't be disappointed.