Please help me decide~~! Chanel Jumbo flap or Celine Classic Box?

abcoco

Jun 9, 2010
am looking for a "classic" shoulder bag that will go with both the casual and formal look , AND can be worn crossbody occasionally :smile:

so have narrowed it down to chanel jumbo flap (caviar red) or celine box bag in medium size (red or camel)

I love the understated and clean look of the celine

but am afraid celine will be more of the 'it'bag phase and not a classic!

(the hefty price of the bag should at least make the bag last long!! )

what do you think?

I greatly prefer the Celine. It might be relatively new, but I think it will become a classic. I might be a little biased though, because trashy celebs have ruined Chanel for me.

Gosh I know why you're having a hard time choosing between the two -- they're both beautiful and are really classic pieces....I don't think the Celine Box is an "it" bag that'll go out of style after a few seasons due to the simplicity of its design and the complete absence of anything remotely "trendy."

I personally would go for a Celine because I tried a Jumbo before and it doesn't really look good on me (The Maxi or m/l suits me more) but in terms of re-sale value (in case you might think of selling this in the future), Chanel bags certainly hold their value more than Celine.