Please help me decide~~! Chanel Jumbo flap or Celine Classic Box?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. am looking for a "classic" shoulder bag that will go with both the casual and formal look , AND can be worn crossbody occasionally :smile:

so have narrowed it down to chanel jumbo flap (caviar red) or celine box bag in medium size (red or camel)

I love the understated and clean look of the celine

but am afraid celine will be more of the 'it'bag phase and not a classic!

(the hefty price of the bag should at least make the bag last long!! )

what do you think?

2. Definitely Chanel Jumbo Flap!! You can keep it for years and pass it on to your daughter or daughter in law one day;)

3. Another vote for Chanel.

4. Chanel.
    I think the Celine will be more of a passing thing, in time.
    I love Celine too, just my opinion....about the classic part.

5. I am biased. Gimme a Chanel anytime.

6. thanks so much everyone for your opinions!

wow it seems chanel is way way more of the answer !

7. I greatly prefer the Celine. It might be relatively new, but I think it will become a classic. I might be a little biased though, because trashy celebs have ruined Chanel for me.

8. I am partial to Celine. I like that it is understated and not carried by as many people.

9. Gosh I know why you're having a hard time choosing between the two -- they're both beautiful and are really classic pieces....I don't think the Celine Box is an "it" bag that'll go out of style after a few seasons due to the simplicity of its design and the complete absence of anything remotely "trendy."

I personally would go for a Celine because I tried a Jumbo before and it doesn't really look good on me (The Maxi or m/l suits me more) but in terms of re-sale value (in case you might think of selling this in the future), Chanel bags certainly hold their value more than Celine.

10. Chanel. Not a big Celine fan.

11. Chanel for me :yes:.

12. Chanel Jumbo Flap :drool:

13. celine for me please! :biggrin:

14. Chanel

15. Celine