Please help me decide: Celine Small Cabas Phantom or YSL Large Niki

kt1909

May 25, 2020
Hi everyone- it's my first time posting on the forum! I have been using a Longchamp Le Pliage shoulder bag (large) as a work tote for a few years now. It's great, lightweight and carries everything I need- some work papers, wallet, small umbrella etc. I am planning to invest in a more luxury work tote - have been looking at Celine Small Cabas Phantom or YSL Niki (large) as I like that they are quite understated. I like Celine one more as it is really simple and timeless, but YSL one looks more chic and still carries a lot (plus an understated YSL logo)! Is YSL one very heavy? Anyone who have these bags could give me some advice? Thanks so much!

Oldceline2020

Apr 26, 2020
I haven’t tried the YSL bag but have the Celine Small Cabas Phantom and love it. I think it’s more classic looking than the YSL Niki but that’s just my opinion.

Reactions: Tote Ali

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
The Celine Small Cabas Phantom is a lot more minimalistic. Both those bags are pretty casual, but the YSL Niki is a bit more so, I would say. If you prefer pants and blazers and generally tend to wear simpler outfits, I'd go with the Cabas. If you like to wear leather jackets, jeans & T-shirts, that kind of stuff - definitely the Niki.

kt1909

May 25, 2020
I haven’t tried the YSL bag but have the Celine Small Cabas Phantom and love it. I think it’s more classic looking than the YSL Niki but that’s just my opinion.
I ended up buying Saint Laurent Niki when I tried in the store earlier today. Yes, I also think Celine cabas phantom is classic and timeless. It is still on my wish list!

kt1909

May 25, 2020
The Celine Small Cabas Phantom is a lot more minimalistic. Both those bags are pretty casual, but the YSL Niki is a bit more so, I would say. If you prefer pants and blazers and generally tend to wear simpler outfits, I'd go with the Cabas. If you like to wear leather jackets, jeans & T-shirts, that kind of stuff - definitely the Niki.
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't need to wear formal clothing to work and I am usually on the more casual side when I am off. Tried the Saint Laurent Niki in the store earlier today.... and I loved it. Ended up getting the Niki! But Celine cabas phantom is still on my wish list!

Reactions: IntheOcean

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't need to wear formal clothing to work and I am usually on the more casual side when I am off. Tried the Saint Laurent Niki in the store earlier today.... and I loved it. Ended up getting the Niki! But Celine cabas phantom is still on my wish list!
Congrats! Frankly, out of those two I would've picked the Niki, too :tup: What color did you get? Would you like to post some pictures? :smile:

Oct 17, 2020
Love that color. I'm struggling to decide between the small cabas phantom or a Niki too. Like you, I think I'll need to just go into a store to try it on and have the retail gods tell me what I need, whenever that may be!

Reactions: kt1909