Please help me decide. Black Cerf or Black City for an everyday bag??

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
Okay so some background info....

I need a new everyday black bag. I have been using my black Chanel Medallion tote the most out of all my purses since I got it back in 2007. I of course also use my Balenciaga bags as well, but the only black Bal I have is an 05 Work which as much as I love it, can look sloppy. I also have a black Brief with GGH that I am trying to sell because I never loved it and I never wear it. In terms of the City style, the only one I have is an 06 Grenat (Maroon) City which I too wear quite a bit and I adore the style.

So here is the deal. I wanna stop wearing my Medallion as my go to everyday black bag. I loooove it but ya know how it is...gets rather boring using the same bag all the time ;)

I have been wanting a Black RH City forever and just yesterday I found a perfect one. I also have been wanting a Chanel Cerf (Executive) in black with gold hardware for a long time too. So between these two bags, which do you think is better for everyday? Do you think the Cerf is too similar to the Medallion? Is it stupid to get a black City when I have an old black Work? I really love the Cerf in the light beige but I can't afford two bags right now :sad:

Cerf or City? I really cannot decide. There is a $1000 difference between the two with the Cerf being the higher priced bag. Thanks for your opinions!!!

I would get the City, perhaps sell the Work and get it in a diff color (that's just me, or get the City in a diff hardware than the Work), and get the beige Cerf later on ;)

I've had both and as much as I adore Balenciaga I would go with the Cerf. It's much more durable and will hold it's shape better. Both are gorgeous though so you really can't go wrong.

I'd go for the Chanel Cerf over the Balenciaga City any day, but since you've been carrying your Medallion Tote for awhile it sounds like you might like the change into the Balenciaga for something different.